Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yough Lake
Does anyone else here fish the Yough Lake? Do you feel the construction of the new bridge will help or hamper fishing this year?
[signature]
Depends on what you consider "help" or "hurt". If its the noise and mess then resort to night fishing when the bigboys are out anyhow.If its the draw down of water level then take advantage of mapping and fish the best holes or depths if allowed.If a draw down is going to be done then go to the spillway for some big action. Tons of fish will exit especially after all this rain.
[signature]
You pretty much have my game plan laid out, especially for walleyes at night. I was wondering how it might affect the lower end, towards the Maryland side.I have never fished that end at all but always got good reports on it. Last week a 9.85lb. brown trout was caught out of the river below the dam and last year a couple 10 pounders were caught deep up in the lake.

By the way, thanks on the mapping help earlier! All I could say was WOW!
[signature]
Hey lakelurker, I'm from Ny is this lake by Pittsburgh? if so here is a link to information from the corp orf engineers about the bridge.http://wmw.lrp.usace.army.mil/misc/Yough_Outlook.html There maybe some useful info there.
[signature]
And the answer is >>>>SPILLWAY<<<<<< you answerd that yourself in the last post you wrote.
[signature]
4- 20's at the spillway in the river 2:00 a.m. 05/02/04
[signature]
2am? Are we night fishing now? Guess I'm gett-in old. Going to try this night fishing from a boat but I haven't a clue of what I'm in for. Waiting till June for the hybrid striper night action.
[signature]
Night fishing is the best! Around here there is alot of pressure on the river and the lake during the day, but at night it is a whole different world. Less pressure= more and nicer fish.[Wink]
[signature]
Yep,They were walleye. The catching comes and goes. Different weather patterns and spawning and post-spawn walleyes come in to the shallows at night to feed. My friend and I like to go after them at night, sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't. The Yough lake is a great place to take the family. There is a campground right at the base of the lake also.It is a popular place come summer.
[signature]
Well the walleye fishing seems to have subsided for a while. Hooked one Sat. night but lost him at the boat about midnight.[Sad] Good news though I caught 6 beautiful smallmouths during the night, the largest had to be 4 1/2 lbs. All released back to where they came. All in all a good night on the water[cool]
[signature]
The bite is defintly on now, My friend and I had a good weekend.Two 20's one 21" and one 15" in two nights.Bites were coming slow but when they did,watch out. Heading back out later in the week to see if they picked up any more.[Smile]
[signature]
Well follks I have had a banner spring on walleye this year. I've kept a few and released a few.(Some the easy way). My best this year was a 27" about 2 weeks ago. Not bad for bank fishing.My second best was 24". Bass season has opened here in PA and the boat traffic is starting to pick up on the lake. Forcing the walleyes deep during the day but I think we will still pester them for a couple weeks. Good fishing.[cool]
[signature]
I am glad to hear the rain hasnt been keepin ya off the water...

those are some nice eyes for sure [Tongue] Jeepers Creepers, where did you get thos peepers? (don't give away your hot spot) I have gone out a couple times this year with out sucess. (fishing under conditions I am not aware of...) I will be back out soon for to get me a couple them lookers...[sly]

thanks for the report....
[signature]
Just curios but what time of day do you have your best luck? My friend and I do well at night. Lakelurker
[signature]