Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW MUCH OIL????
[crazy] KINDA CONFUSED HERE, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW MANY OUNCES OF OIL I PUT INTO A GALLON TO GET A 40:1 RATIO....??? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, THIS IS MY YEAR OF FIRSTS....FIRST OUTBOARD, FIRST GAS POWERED YARD TOOLS, FIRST SOD LAYING, FIRST SPRINKLER INSTALL....MAN IT GOES ON AND ON...OH YEAH....FIRST BOAT!!!! YAHOOO!! ANY WAY.. HOW MUCH OIL DO YOU PUT IN A GALLON TO MAKE A MIX OUT OF IT???? IM CONFUSED,

LATERS, [crazy][unsure]
[signature]
3.2 oz oil to 1 gallon for 1:40 ratio.
[signature]
I have a measurement tool that i select the ratio i want and fill to the line, then put in 15 gls of gas and so on. works for me nicely. i bought it at marine products and it has saved me a bunch of headaches!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What do you have that requires 40:1 pre-mix ratio? I've heard or 25:1 and 50:1 but never heard of anything that specifically called for 40:1.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Ratios are easy. One gallon is 128 ounces. divide 128 by what ever ratio you want to give you ounces needed for pre-mix.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]128/40 = 3.2 ounces per gallon of fuel for 40:1
128/25 = 5.12 ounces per gallon of fuel for 25:1
128/50 = 2.56 ounces per gallon of fuel for 50:1[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]etc, etc, etc...
[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks all,

I have a green machine blower that says use a 40:1 ratio when I add fuel, I figured this is a good place to start out on my "new to me" outboard once I get the wire and plug fixed up, I will double check the motor though I thought I saw a place on it that said what ratio to use......Should I mix thinner if I use a "new" synthetic oil for the mixing? or should I just stick to the recommended ratio? I was told its better to have a little more than not enough....This is my first everything 2-cycle, can you tell [crazy] I have never had to mix fuel and oil, man this is weird, so what ever number i need for ratio just divide 128 by that....hhhmmmmm sounds good to me.

Laters,
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]BADFISH, Mix your oil by the book whether it's synthetic or regular 2 cycle. Don't try and second guess. Don't add any extra oil unless the owner's manual suggests it for break-in. You'll just foul plugs faster.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Perhaps I am lazy (not wanting to have to divide numbers) but I sure enjoy my measuring container. All I have to do is look on the side of it and find the number of gallons of gasoline that I put in the tank, and fill the container to the mark on the side of the container that corresponds to the number of gallons. They are really inexpensive, and I have seen them in lots of stores.
[signature]
SO GET THIS...THE MOTOR SAYS ON IT RIGHT OVER THE TOP OF THE FUELING INSTRUCTIONS....MIX 3/4 PINT of oil TO EACH GALLON OF gas sorry i goofed...hehe hehe....????? WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?? ISNT THAT LIKE 6OZ TO EACH GALLON??? HOW MANY PINTS ARE IN A GALLON....8..16..I CAN NEVER REMEMBER IF ITS 2 PINTS IN A QUART OR 4 AND 2 QUARTS OR 4 IN A GALLON....HOLY MOLEY THIS IS GONNA DRIVE ME NUTS...SQUIRELL NUTS STASHED IN A OLD OAK....ARG.[crazy] LOL..

LATERS,
[signature]
Here is one of many units of measure tables on the Internet. If you don't like this one search for "Units of measure" on Google.

[url "http://www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/dictunit/dictunit.htm#US"]http://www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/dictunit/dictunit.htm#US[/url]
[signature]
thanks a ton...so i guess by that chart it tells me 12 oz of oil to every gallon of gas for the motor...cool....now if i can just find a sparkk plug for it..ill be fishin in no time!![Wink]

thanks again guys, problem solved...laters,
[signature]
SO CAN THAT BE RIGHT? IF THE MOTOR SAYS 3/4 PINT TO EVERY GALLON, THAT IS 12 OZ PER GALLON OF OIL..WILL THE GAS EVEN FIRE AT THAT RATIO? WHAT IS THAT....LIKE 10:1 RATIO..AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THAT SOUNDS LIKE WAAAYYY TOO MUCH OIL? I THINK I NEED TO EMAIL LEES MARINE AND ASK THE PROS...SHEESH.[pirate]

LATERS,
[signature]