Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing line
i have tried numerous fishing lines on the market and have not found one that i can say I really like. I change my line after every three outings and it seems that I can not keep it from taking the shape of my spool. it spirals out and cuts down on how sensative it is. When putting on the line I use the portable line spooling station from berkly. I do not keep my reels in the sun. Is there any tricks or tips that may help cut this down or out permenantly?<br><br>Eric Seif
I would not be a good source on line quality as there are to many to choose from. I drift fish alot which leaves me making 200 cast an outing easily and i have found that ANDE (in natural water color green has great characteristics and line quality) not to mention the price is less than others ie: stren, maxima, etc. Also I went to a level wind and baitcasting reels exclusively. This greatly reduced the problem of line memory you were speaking about. One last note, If fishing in salt water then you must rinse gear and reel with line in fresh water afterwards, spray reel with a light coat of a preferred lubricant ( WD/40,. LPS, ) this will not effect the performance of the line. Hope this was of some help.<br><br>Good luck and keep fishing....Gamakatsu &lt;*(((&gt;&lt;
Thanks good to hear about wd40. was cocerned about any side effects it might have.<br><br>Eric Seif
I love P-LINE!!!!!ยก!!!<br><br>
I LOVE P-LINE TOO!!!! But every once in a while I get a bad batch. Seems to be only when I buy the small filler spools, the big bulkspools are fine. Also try Blakemore Lures "Line Magic" to soften spool memory.<br><br>
I like fluorocarbon from Bass Pro for spinning reels and light (6-8#) because I use it in clear water. It seems to get bit better and holds up well to abrasion. For everything else I use Big Game. It cast well and is tough as can be. I spray both down with line and reel magic prior to use. Hope you can find a brand you like.<br><br>
Hook it to something andTake it off and let it stay in the sun for a day it will make the line straight again.<br><br>http://beachfishing.tripod.com<br><br>