Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far do you travel to fish?
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bigfish/wwwthreads/dopoll.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1020453581Gamakatsu"><br><b>How far do you travel to fish</b><br><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1"> 0 to 5mi<br><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2"> 5 to 25mi<br><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3"> 25 to 50mi<br><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="4"> 50 to 75mi<br><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="5"> 75 to 100mi<br><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="6"> more than 100mi<br><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="PollSubmit" VALUE="Submit vote" CLASS="buttons"></FORM><br><br>Good luck and keep fishing....Gamakatsu &lt;*(((&gt;&lt;
300 feet.<br>wasnt an option, so I made my own lol<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
Usually from 5 - 25 miles but have ventured to Reelfoot, Mountain Home Arkansas, and Destin, Fla. (sea), Lake Shelbyville in Ill.<br><br>
with spring coming up , i thought this would be a good one to ask again . i concider myself to be a regular fisherman , traveling anywhere in the state to fish . i go about 100 feet for the nearest trout stream and less than (so far ) 300 miles ( one way ) for a few hours of fishing the bigger lakes . i think ssor will out do me this spring in a single trip , but i'm going to keep track this year to see how many miles i put under my belt combined .
[signature]
I travel about an hour usually in the winter, but in the summer it depends on what I want to fish for. The furthest I have travelled just to fish is four hours (about 250 km drive) and it was worth it!
[signature]
my last trip saturday was 187.4 miles round trip , sunday was 92.2 miles round trip .
[signature]
A few weeks ago I drove 300 miles for two ays of ice fishing (to little bay de noc). Fishing is worth driving any distance, just wish I would have caught some fish.
[signature]
158.6 round trip on friday , to lake huron , steelhead fishing
[signature]
159.2 THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY , 0 DURING THE WEEK AND THEN 227.8 ON SUNDAY 3-30-03
[signature]
25 to 50 miles are the local lakes, but I go farther to fish Canada and North Dakota.

Flagmanonice----------
[signature]
Hi ya'll. I am soooo lucky. I live 10 minutes from Lake Guntersville on the Tennessee River in north Alabama. Guntersville dam area provides some of the best of all types freshwater fish. Then I have the Coosa River 30 minutes in other direction with great catfishing and bass fishing. 45 minutes away is Weiss Lake, crappie capitol of the world. I have other major fisheries within hour drive I haven't even tried. My favorite, Gulf Shores, is a 5 hr drive, but a poor man like me can't go too often.[:/] I won't complain though with all the local choices.[Smile]
[signature]
i've been driving that far for some steelhead action , i have a trout stream a stones throw out my front door and quite a few lakes and rivers all within a few miles from my house . i have a whole bunch of state land around here too .

my wife picked out the house , i signed the papers without ever looking at it , i'm one lucky fella ! fishing and hunting , hunting and fishing , too bad work has to keep me busy when i could be having fun !

i love fishing below the dams the best , i guess it's because the fish strike so hard , even a gill will hit like a northern . man it's the best !
[signature]