Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IGFA RECORDS FOR CA
Species Line Class Weight Place Date Angler
[size 1] Bass, largemouth 02 kg (4 lb) 7.76 kg (17 lb 1 oz) Castaic Lake December 28, 1990 Robert J. Crupi
Bass, largemouth 06 kg (12 lb) 9.53 kg (21 lb 0z) Castaic Lake March 9, 1990 Robert J. Crupi
Bass, largemouth 10 kg (20 lb) 8.63 kg (19 lb 0 oz) Castaic Lake January 8, 1989 Dan T. Kadota
Bass, striped (landlocked) 02 kg (4 lb) 0.00 kg (0 lb 0 oz) vacant none none
Bass, striped (landlocked) 06 kg (12 lb) 30.61 kg (67 lb 8 oz) O'Neil Forebay, Los Banos May 7, 1992 Hank Ferguson
Bass, striped (landlocked) 10 kg (20 lb) 0.00 kg (0 lb 0 oz) vacant none none
Bluegill 02 kg (4 lb) 1.15 kg (2 lb 8 oz) San Vicente Lake November 20, 1999 Gary Thomas Smith
Bluegill 06 kg (12 lb) 0.92 kg (2 lb 0 oz) San Vicente Lake June 30, 2000 Gary Thomas Smith
Bluegill 10 kg (20 lb) 0.00 kg (0 lb 0 oz) vacant none none
Catfish, channel 02 kg (4 lb) 5.60 kg (12 lb 5 oz) Lake Sutherland July 8, 2000 Gary Thomas Smith
Catfish, channel 06 kg (12 lb) 5.10 kg (11 lb 4 oz) Laguna Niguel Lake July 4, 1999 Alexandra J. Mazur
Catfish, channel 10 kg (20 lb) 19.61 kg (43 lb 4 oz) Kaweah Lake December 3, 2000 Roxie A. Davenport
Trout, rainbow 02 kg (4 lb) 3.77 kg (8 lb 5 oz) Santa Ana River Lakes December 5, 2000 Chuck Tomason
Trout, rainbow 06 kg (12 lb) 3.88 kg (8 lb 9 oz) Santa Ana River Lakes December 8, 2000 Chuck Tomason
Trout, rainbow 10 kg (20 lb) 4.08 kg (9lb 0 oz) Smith River February 20, 2000 Michael Lopez
[/size]
[signature]

Hi there TubeN2,

Thanks for the info. California has pretty slim pickin's for freshwater when you consider there are all-tackle, men's, women's, youth, and fly fishing record catagories.
Strange they wouldn't include the California golden trout.

I wanted to buy the yearbook only this year and was told I need to be a member. Truth is membership isn't much more than the sale price of the record book was few years ago when you could by it seperately.

It's very interesting how different species are treated by the IGFA and the political bit on what fishys to list!

I was a member of the International and Japan IGFA and had records submitted/pending when it became defunct. bummer

JapanRon
[signature]
It's hard to stay ahead of thier games sometimes. I just got a letter from BASS that said that my membership is pre-approved and that I could confirm my reservation for only $1 a month.[crazy]
[signature]
dude, you left out my 44lb catfish that I got on 12lb ( but it holds the 16lb line class record ) at Irvine Lake in 1995. That fish smoked me big time !!! And yes I let it go.
[signature]
Hey there ocfisherman, Hi and welcome to BFT message boards. That publication is from the IGFA and I'm sure it is missing several of the records. They refuse to publish all the records to a non member access portion of their website.

Are you currently in CA?? If so, where do you like to fish at? Also, you are eligible for a free BFT sticker if you simply reply to the thread for the new CA members.

Once again. Welcome aboard and Tight lines.[cool] (Good job on the big cat that you released)
[signature]
It sounds like you get out a bit. I love getting ahold of big fish. I go out to the CAT at least every month. There's lots of good fish out there to play with.

I hope you keep catching and we hope to see some good fish reports as you have them happen.

I travel up and down the coast myself. I have a few reports on the CA freshwater and saltwater fishing reports boards. Check them out and you may get an idea where I fish at. I hope to cross lines with you some day.

It looks like I'm going to Newport Beach Pier tonight. Feel free to stop by. It shouldn't be too far from Costa Mesa. I'm after shark tonight. See ya there if you can make it. I am usually wearing Bigfishtackle hat, shirt, and sweatshirt. Stop on by and I'll give you a couple of stickers.
[signature]

Hey there TubeN2,

That's why I wrote what I wrote. All we need to do is have a disclaimer saying we ain't got the half the deal by a big margin.

JapanRon
[signature]