Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard friday 5-3
Hit willard today, good fishing. Tried the east side with no luck, went over to the north dike and found some wipers about three hundred yards off the dike towards the west end. Trolling at about 3 mph. <br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Sounds like you had better luck then me..I jumped in my tube and had no fish and no bites..same story for everyone else along the shoreline<br><br>
I have found, and I am not saying this is the only way to catch fish, that when the fish school up in big numbers it is always a ways off shore. I am usually the furthest boat off the dike. Now there are always exceptions, its just been my expirience. I talked to the guy at the north marina yesterday and he said the limit was raised to balance the shad to wiper ratio based on netting of bolth species done by the fish and game last summer. If the shad are in short supply wipers may school in smaller groups this year making them easier to find but not allowing you to catch as many. As always I let mine go, naughty me.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Hey frozenfish, what area were you fishing? It sounds like the same area I was at last night. We just went out for a few hours and fished the east side and the south dike to the marina. No fish, the water temp got up to 61 degree. We saw a few people fishing from a float tube or pontoon boats in the southeast corner and a lot of people fishing from shore. How many did you catch Predator?<br><br>
Never enough! 13 wipers, enough to keep me interested and going back tonight. I am heading out in about an hour and will stay till just after dark. Doesnt that scare you guys to be out on the water when its dark and I may be screaming right at you 50 mph and not even know you are there? Scares me. I always try to be safe but night time on the water is anything but safe in my mind, for anyone.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.