Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another good day on the stream
had another good day trout fishing caught many kept my limit of 6 3 rainbows and 3 brookies released to many to count and also 3 large suckers released I was standing in the stream casting upstream and I looked down infront of me and saw a Huge Brown Trout sitting there 2 feet away from me next to a log in about a foot of water this fish had to be about 20 inches to bad nobody was there to video me trying not to spook this fish and get my line over by it I was cracking up after I finally spooked the fish away
[signature]
Hey there. I was wondering what if any flyfishing there is near the AFB in Jersey let me know. Any info will be helpful

Trent
[signature]
Do you mean Maguire AFB I'm not sure but give me a day or so and I'll see what I can find out for you are you in the air force stationed there
[signature]
[size 2]get a pass to fish the Lakehurst NAS base. It's adjacent to Maguire(sp?) sort of, and has five lakes, all of which are accesible to a point for flyfishing. Good fishin' for bass and pickerel, and the special "service only, or was it officers only?" lake that is stocked with trout. Maguire also is close to Brindletown lake (part of Fort Dix I think), which has lots of fish...Dont ask me how I know [Image: wink.gif]
Anyway, all three bases are kinda linked by land. Not much good trout fishing, 'cept for the trout stocked by the state in the local streams.[/size]
[signature]