Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview report. 5-02-04
I just got back from pineview, pretty slow for me, I put my pontoon boat in the northernmost bay and fished from about 9:00 to 3:00. Came away with two decent smallies, both dropshotting small senkos in about 12 feet of water, also a couple of nice crappie on a small chatruese grub. Saw one big muskie in about two feet of water, but he didn't want anything to do with me. I talked to two other boat and none of them landed anything, both were fishing for muskies. One guy said he had about a 24 incher up along side of the boat before he lost it. Water temp got as high as 57 degrees in the shallows before I left. I hope everyone did better this weekend than me.
[signature]
I was also at Pineview yesterday. Took my daughter and grandson up with us. We got alot of carp and I let him help me reel one in and the look on his face I have another future fisherman on my hands.My daughter was fishing off the bottom with a worm for carp got a bite and started reeling it in and discovered that when he jumped out of the water it was a big rainbow. I know they are in there, but never seen one. We were fishing the south side of the lake across from the swim beach.Oh yah when she seen it wasn't a carp she got excited and lost him about a foot off the bank.All in all a good day.
[signature]
I was at pineview yesterday as well.. i threw all of the muskie lures i had in that lake, for like 3 hrs. i didnt have a single fish landed, although i did hook into a very nice muskie that i got close to shore, and lost it in the brush.

JOe
[signature]