Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
I fished Willard today I moved around quite a bit to find the fish. I found the wipers just north of the south boat ramp. I fished the North Marina and caught several crappie and some Smallmouth. The wind picked up at 2:00 and we had quite the fun ride back to the North Marina from the south end of the Bay. Water temps were 60 to 61 degrees.<br><br>
Thanks for the info. Sounds to me like the wipers are very scattered and moving around alot this year. Possibly in a frantic search for shad. Congrats on the crappie. Did you troll to get them or were you casting? Sounds to me like the slower presentations have been more effective this year once you locate the fish.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
I couple of the crappie came on the troll using a small fry gitzit in the harbor, but most were caught casting into the brush on the south side of the north marina. I did see on guy in a boat tied up to slip # 19 that was killing them on a very small curly tail jig 1/16 oz cream color. He was tied up to the dock and casting under the dock. In the 45 min I watched him he had 20 plus catches and was culling the fish. Not my cup of tea I was after walleye and wipers. <br>You are right about the wipers this year. The temp fluctuations and cold fronts every 4 days have the fish in a early spring pattern. I think in the next two weeks we will see the fishing improve to normal conditions. We are about a month behind the normal patterns this year. <br>I am heading to Panguich Lake next week and will post a report. <br><br>