Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Striper update
[Smile][Smile][Smile] The fish have been finikie one day they are hitting and every day I go down they are not. The Herring and shad action has been very good. Every one is complaining about the cat fish doing their bait in. You have to keep really lively herring on your line or the cat fish will do you in. Some big cows are moveing into the Newberg area 46 lb striper taken yesterday.

Be carefull on the water so many boat and debrie on top drifting down, top speed in these areas is not advisable. Also skullers mix in with boat and you can't see them until you are ontop of them they don't like the wake. I was surprized by two of them yesterday.
[signature]
[Smile][Smile][Smile]Herring and shad are in the river in abundance. Stripers are being taken up and down the river on cut bait and live herring. Many boats out in the Albany area and debree floating on river watch your speed and your wake. DEC officers are checking every day on the river, make sure your safety equipment is up to snuff and you are not live welling to many herring or illegal fish ( Like sturgeon) I've seen some nice stripers in the 30" plus range taken out. The rowing clubs are on the river every day as well try to pass them slowly. Good fishing and stay safe
[signature]
[Sad][Sad][Sad]The stripers have been and are now gone south again. Another year where I wasn't successfull. When the days were hot and the fish were hitting I had to work. Oh well no more excusses, it was fun getting out anyway. Maybe next season.
[signature]