Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish at night?
Is there an optimum time for cats. I have caught them early morning midday and dusk. what is the best time for getting a few to the table. Love to eat em but never have caught more than one or two an outing.. Brown bullheads and yellow bellies. 1-2lbs. Any input would be greatly appreciated to increase my bounty.<br><br>Gamakatsu &lt;*(((&gt;{<br>Knowledge is power, pass it on.
If it is legal in your area you might want to try what we here in Indiana call limbing. Place a line with hook,weight and bait on a limb going into water and then check it the next morning. This is an effective way and yet lets you get your sleep unless you enjoy sitting on a bank with a campfire and some cold ice tea jawing with your buddies about last years deer season and your expectations for the one coming up this year. Darn sure sounds good to me whens this stuped rain all weekend going to end.<br><br>
I like a good cat fishy fry myself.<br>how should I hook up my line.<br>which hooks<br>wich beer atracts them best lol<br><br><br>
ProsecutionSmith, I think it's BUD--WIES--ER.....Oh I forgot, Thats Frogs. LOL<br><br>Gamakatsu &lt;*(((&gt;{<br>
I tend to fillett them like I do my gills the lay them skins down and run my nife blade against the inside of the skin and cut the flesh off that way.<br><br>the first way I had learned to do them was to nail them to a teliphone pole cut around the heads and peal the skin with a pair of pliers. <br><br>Thus comes the saying "Theres more than one way to skin a cat"<br><br>my new way is as fast as and as easy as doing a bass or walleye<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
We start out drift fishing from about 4 pm till dark then we go in a cove and fish till about 930 or 1000pm. We use mainly night crawlers and catalpa worms sometimes chicken hearts saturated ingarlic salt. We dont go after nothing real big usually between 2 and 10 pound channel cats yum yum. Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy
Catfish are pretty you have to look at them a certain way and they are really great eating Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy
Eat catfish? Yuck! Those garbage disposals are like buzzards. They'll take what they can get. Well, I guess not everybody follows the biblical guidelines for what is considered clean and unclean meat, what you can eat and what you shouldn't eat. If you wish to look it up, check out Leviticus 9 and 11.

Anyway, thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to continue fishing with my line off the bottom of the water no matter when I fish.
[signature]