Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Microsoft Outlook
I realize that this is definitely "Off Topic"; however, maybe someone can help. Many of the messages in my Microsoft Outlook folders have a "+" in front of them, and if I right click on the message that has a "+" in front of it and choose to delete the message I get a message that states something about if I delete the message that I will delete all of the "collapsed conversations". Help in Outlook is of no value. If I click on the "+" key I see many messages that I have previously received. Help in Outlook talks about it being related to News Groups. I know my son is involved in some News Groups, but I can't image how many of my messages got collapsed. Any ideas on what caused this, and better yet how to reverse the situation.

Thanks,
[signature]
What happens with a newsgroup is that when someone adds a message it is emailed to everyone in the group. Then, the next person replies, and it's emailed to everyone in the group, and so on and so forth. What those +'s do is organize the replies so that you can see each reply one at a time.

It shouldn't be a problem. If he no longer needs the message from the newsgroup, it's ok to delete the whole group. The next time someone posts a message, you should get a new email with the latest reply.

Hope that helps.
[signature]
The messages that are grouped are not newsgroup messages. I looked at them more closely, and they are messages where I sent a message to someone using Outlook, and they replied back to my original message once or multiple times.
[signature]
Oh, I see. So it's grouping any messages that are replied and sent back containing the sender's message.

I'm sure there's a setting under options or something where you can change that. If it were me I'd probably just live with it, and if you want to delete part but not all just open up each plus and only delete the ones you want to.
[signature]
Problem solved. A "View' setting somehow got changed.
[signature]