Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge report
Well, the weather up there was insane. Rain and wind, if it wasnt raining the wind was making the waves so bad that they would come over the boat. Thats not easy to do in a big deep v with high windshields. Bottom line you better have good rain gear. The water temp was 46 degrees, and the fish were all on the wyoming side. After spending the day on the utah side and only seeing ten fish on the finder, we talked to the guy at the tackle shop and he said the winter food is much better on the wyoming side and the fish all migrate up there but they were taking longer than usuall to return this year. We did catch one 22 inch laker that first morning on the surface trolling a spinner. There were some people catching rainbows right off the boat dock at lucerne. We went up to anvil and there were tons of fish up there, the lake trout were down around fifty feet and we caught them trolling rapalas dipped in anchovy salt smelly jelly with down riggers at 45 feet. The kokanee were up in the north end of anvil bay and there were as many as you could put on a fish finder but they werent real active, the average seemed to be five every couple hours. I heard report that browns were being caught just north of the pipeline but we didnt catch any. The smallmouth were inactive as could be. Possibly a result of the crappy weather. I tried grubs, bitsy bugs, spinners, and suspending cranks fished as slow as could be but they just wouldnt feed. Hopefully by next weekend the weather will have changed and the fishing will be better. All in all, camping was a nightmare, the fishing was o.k. and I will be going back.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Thanks for the info. Did you get any kokanne from those meterings? If so what were they hitting? How did you guy do in the tourney?<br><br>
Yeah, we got a few. Using kokanee helicopter bead looking things. Sorry, not up to speed on kokanee lure names. Lookes kind of like the weeding rings. The tournament is not until this weekend and unfortunatley I wont be fishing in it, due to insurance issues.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Sorry to here about your insurance troubles. I really looked forward to taking your money oh well maybe next year. By the way I'm just kidding. What are the conditions at Anvil is there enough water to launch a boat? Where did you get the kokanee? Did you get them across from Anvil? How much did you fish for Bass? Any info would be appreciated<br><br>
Anvil, as far as I could tell there were two rigs camped there and I ASSUME that they launched there. Looked to me like there should be no problem but I never saw anyone use the ramp. Anvil, Anvil, Anvil. That is where all the fish were. They may migrate by next weekend but who knows? its a good place to start. Bring me a map and I will show you where all the fish WERE. Oh the smallies, I fished them enough to know that I should have been fishing for something else. But in a tournament you only need to catch one fish as long as its the big one. I was fishing for fun so my mindset was much different. The weather should pick up and improve the bassin.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.