Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how the fishing
would like to here some of your fishing catchs what kind of fishing do you have here?
[signature]
Hey there daymere, Thanks for dropping by. We have great fishing here in North Dakota. The majority of the fishermen here go for the walleye. With Devil's lake, Sakakawea, and the Missouri River you cant go wrong. Right now the walleye bite and the white bass bite on the Missouri is really hot!! Almost any place you go right now you will catch fish.

We have a boat load of smaller lakes that have bluegill, walleye, smallmouth and largemouth bass, pike, trout and perch. These lakes having really good fishing. And almost always you will be by yourself.

As for me this year, fishing has kind of sucked. It doesnt even compare to how good it was last spring. Not too many fish are being caught out of the smaller lakes this spring. But hopefully that will change[cool].

For me being a bass angler[cool], thats awesome. The bass are almost untouched by other anglers because there all busy going after walleyes. We have quite a few great bass lakes with many 5+ pounders in them. Lake Nelson is the prime spot for catching a whopper bass because that's a power plant lake and the discharge warms the water so it's open all year round and it gets hit pretty hard by anglers.

So all in all we have great fishing here in Nodak.

Where are you from? Hows the fishing there?
[signature]
i am from tn we have a huge crappie lake nearby at reelfoot and bass run at about 7 to8 pounds and the biggest i have caught was 12pounds but that was from a river run off and has been years ago but we have catfish bluegill,crappie whitebass,farther toeast we have walleye ,trout and stripers,and even a place that has salmon stocked.
[signature]
Sounds like a great place to fish! I've got friends in various parts of ND (including my ex-fiance) but can't seem to get them to go fishing when I'm up there. They're usually too busy. Next time I'm up that direction you'll just hafta take me for a tour of the lakes and go after some of them bass.
[signature]
Sounds Good[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2725;]
[signature]
How far from Jamestown are you?
[signature]
i think from bismarck it is about 100 miles
[signature]
Bassmaster is in Bismarck?
[signature]
Thanks punkbass...

Yes I do live in Bismarck
[signature]
I drove through there twice. Once on the way to Oregon and once in the way back. Was in a blizzard on the way back. It cleared up by the time I reached Jamestown. The friends closest to you are northwest of Jamestown on a farm. Can't remember the name of the town nearest them.
[signature]