Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search feature not working?
This is to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com"]www.bigfishtackle.com[/url] webmaster. First, I love your site, except the search feature does not seem to work (or maybe I'm inept, but that is another story). It does not seem to limit the searches based on the menu selections. I got returns from a Utah discussion board after limiting the search (or so I thought) to the Georgia discussion. Got returns that did not include the specific words I was searching for, etc...

Regards,

Dan
[signature]
I sent you a privet message with a file showing how to set the peramiters....

if you need any more assistance let me know what you are looking for and I will tell you what peramiters to set in place to make your search work.
[signature]
[unsure][#408080][size 2]Hi there davetclown,[/size][/#408080]

[#408080][size 2]How about sharing that information on one of the boards. I too have had problems using the search engine getting back info that I didn't ask for. Now I don't even bother using it anymore.[/size][/#408080]
[signature]
the best thing to do is for you to give me an example of what your are looking for on a particular board and I will post the peramiters here for you. once you have done it a couple times it is realy easy to use....
[signature]
[black][size 3]Rookie,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I'm not the webmaster but I would like to share with all my tip to get searches to work:[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]In the "Fields to Search" box select either Subject or Body ... but NEVER "Subject and Body" (both).[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I think it is a bug in the search feature. If you select Subject AND Body you get all posts of everytning.[/size][/black]
[signature]