Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 5-15 saturday
Well we got to scofield and had over 50 bites the first 5 minutes we were there!Unfortunatly they were mosquito bites ouch![pirate] Well we hung around for about an 1 1/2.Had to spray ourselves all over first! I had one bite and it was a huge one ! I was casting out my krocodile again and what ever it was liked it!I brought it in close to shore then i gave my pole to my son and he lost it.[unsure] He could barely hold the rod in his hands!Well that was the only fish bite we had but the mosquitos were worse than utah lakes and bigger so we left .
[signature]
Thanks for the reports. Damn them skeeters! To bad you didnt knock em dead,, fish and all skeeters I mean. But atleast you done yerselves proud on the Tiggers at Hunington.
[signature]
I had a friend that went on 5-15 as well. There were several people and all they caught was 1 small rainbow all day. He said the same thing about the Skeeters.

FM
[signature]
Oh i forgot the trout were chasing minnows along the shoreline!Maybe thats why they were not taking worms and dead minnows.
[signature]
i was up at schofield a couple of years ago and the trout were chasing the minnows along the bank tried in line spinners and rapalas with no luck then tied on a slugo and knocked em dead lost count how many cutts i caught
[signature]
whats a slugo?
[signature]
its a plastic jerk bait more commonly used for bass you can get them up to 9" though i perfer the 4" size
[signature]
ME AND MY SON WENT ON SAT. ALSO WE HAD ABOUT THE SAME LUCK.. WE CAUGHT 2 SMALL BOWS BUT THAT WAS IT.. DID SEE A FEW PEOPLE CATCH A COUPLE OF NICE ONES BAIT FISHING BY THE ISLAND.. BUT I AGREE THE BUGS WHERE AWFULL..
[signature]
Ocean,

Let's discuss buggers! I dunno if you have ever lived yet because it was so bad at Willard... They don't bite me but they were thick! I was driving up to the North Dike, and my friend got out of the boat to investigate a huge thick wall of cloud atop of the dike... it was all mosquitoes... sure spooked the heck out of him and ran back to the boat... undetected! LOL The way Jas was describing it, it was like a wall preventing anybody from going through, or it was like, "I dare you to walk through this wall!"

Mosquitoes were all over the bay, but this thick cloud on the north dike must have been the motherlode protecting the queen of them all.
[signature]