Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going under the laser!!!
Tomorrow afternoon I am looking forward to the chance of not wearing contacts anymore by undergoing Lasik surgery. Saved up the $3200 and I think it is going to be worth every penny of it. Has any other BFT members gone under this proceedure?? I would like to hear how it went for them. No fear I will still be at the Willard contest on Saturday with Petty the All-Star!!!

I will give a update how it goes for me!!!
[signature]
Too rich for me but good luck!
[signature]
Hope all goes well Polo. Speedy recovery.[Wink]
[signature]
My wifes mom did that about 3 years ago...I think...not more than 5..and she has great sight now. almost back to 20/20 she is very sassifyed with it. I have better than perfect vision they tell me...but if I ever have to get contacts or glasses....I will look into that instead...or plus..pending on how bad I get. I think you will be happy with the results. I know about 5 or 6 people that have done it including her and they are all very happy....the only warning I have is that it is possible for it to revert after a few years....ask the doc about that...they should know what causes it, I think it has something to do with how your vision is in the first place....not sure..thats all I know about it. Hope I was of some help.

Laters,
[signature]
good luck there ae. I've been thinking about doing the same thing so let in in on how it worked for you.
[signature]
tell them to be cafeful with those lasers dont let them shot your eye out
[signature]
Good luck Rob! My friend had it done and he was happy with it. I hope I keep my good vision and don't have to worry about it.

FM
[signature]
I had mine done a little over 5 years ago, and I love it, I am more sensitive to light now though, I just always have a pair of sunglasses with me and its fine, and the lights at night glare a little more than when I had contacts but less than when I had my glasses on.

Thats all I ever noticed different, still can't see if I drink to much but no procedures perfect[Tongue].
[signature]
theekillerbee is having his done this thursday for the second time.
[signature]
Good luck polokid,my youngest brother had this done about a year ago,he loved the outcome no problems.He had a strong stigmatism in his left eye.and now as almost 20/20 in each eye.You may be more sentive to light and you will notice a difference in your night vision,i have heard of nothing but good things about this procedure.I had the old procedure done(radial kereatodmy)done almost 20 years ago,and now only need glasses to see,[Wink]no really just use them when iam on the puter,again good luck.
[signature]
Good luck, heal fast, and I hope it all turns out great!
[signature]
Petty was right...mostly. My left eye was done back in January, I had PRK (very similar to lasik) done on it and I am very pleased with the results. I have 20/15 vision out of that eye now! This Thursday I should be having the lasik procedure on my right eye. I had some epithelial cell sloughing, so that is why it has been spaced out so far apart (long story made short). So I am looking forward to it as well. My dad had his eyes fixed last december, and he can now see 20/15 as well. He has been very pleased with the results. We both had the procedure at the Moran with Dr. Moshirfar, and Dr. Barsam. They are excellent.

The only tradeoffs are the night halos around lights. It gets better with time, but it takes a little getting used to. Small sacrafice for not wearing corrective lenses any more!

Good luck with your procedure, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mine! Let us know how you do!
[signature]
All good things said so far!!! TKB I am actually getting PRK instead of lasik too. I tried for lasik last year, but the doctor said I had too thin of a cornea to do the standard lasik. And not having PTO here at work i couldnt afford the extra days off. but this year i do!!! Is it true the rehabilitation period to go back to normal activity for PRK is 3-5 days??? it really doesnt matter i dont have to go back to work till monday next week anyway.

I have actually heard of great things from those 2 doctors you mentioned. I am going with my eye doctor i have had since I was a little polokid. (rachel benator) she is currently the president of the utah medical association vision sector. and she has been the one to do the surgery to almost everyone in my family with all great results. I hope i can see good enough by Saturday to beable to see all the fish that petty (my all-star) is going to catch [Wink]
[signature]
PRK does have quite a bit longer recovery period. Your eyes will not achieve their final vision until 3 months after the procedure. Your vision should be pretty good by about day 5, but you'll have subtle changes for a while after the procedure, so don't be worried if your vision is blurry on some days, and clear on others. Good luck!
[signature]