Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an idea
as fishermen and womenwe have a tendancy to accumalate more stuff then we would ever need, and often times we are told that we need to downsize our inventories, but we are always wanting more tackle for different species then what we have, so an idea was brought before me that maybe there be an tackle exchange, and i thought what a better place then the utah BFT to see if there was any interest, in exchanging tackle.

whomever did the trading could work out the finer details of the trades, but just like what keeps ebay online if you dont want it somebody else does, and in this case they may just have something that you have been wanting for a long time, and may trade for it.

lets hear it is anybody interested in a tackle exchange program?
[signature]
[size 3]Sounds like a great Idea!! You can post on the for sale/trade board the items you have with pic's and what you are looking to trade them for.[/size]
[signature]
The for sale / trade board would be a great place. Just post what you have, and what you want. I have used this board quite a bit to both buy and sell.
[signature]
An interesting idea, it might be worth while....hmmmm what do I need, and what can I get rid of....
[signature]
Better yet... If you have any fly fishing "excess inventory" you can donate it to a poor suck like me. I have nothing to offer in exchange but you can have that good, wholesome feeling that one aquires by giving without expecting anything in return.... [Wink]
[signature]
Boy I wish I had the excess inventory, but I have a very limited fishing budget. Most of the stuff I have I bought at garage sales, made by myself or daughter or were given by friends. The only new items I have in the past 2 years are a new vest, then I got a nice one at a garage sale for $5, a new fly rod (garage sale $10) a new reel (HFT $30 - $10 gift certificate from BFT outing) and this year a trolling motor (given to me by a friend) But I've got no pontoon to put it on yet. Thats coming later this summer (I hope). Oh yeah and a new fly rod I built that I'm waiting to finish up on.

My daughter ties flies for me, I just buy the raw material. I haven't bought a fly for 2 years now.

But will trade salsa for fishing gear....
[signature]
ha ha! how good is the salsa????
[signature]
I cant remember who i was talking to in the past, but it was a member of BFT and commented it would be worth it to maybe have a BFT yard sale??? Find a date, find a place and bring your "throw away" from spring cleaning to donate, sell or trade to each other. IF there is enough interest for something like this, I will set it up. Any suggestions????

Plus a great reason to have FFM feed us all with his fabulous salsa!!! P.S. I like the green chile the best!!! [Wink]
[signature]
Better than store bought, and I keep a good supply at home all the time. But your taste buds will have to be the benchmark for you. I don't buy any salsa any more, just make it....anyway I want.
[signature]
Polo, still got some of it.
[signature]
Homemade is the way to go!! My wife makes some mean salsa herself. Maybe I'll have the privelege to give yours a go sometime.

P.S. Did you ever get that picture printed??
[signature]
Yup, and hanging on the wall, thanks a bunch it was great to get an old picture touched up and reproduced thanks a bunch. You still down south? Maybe sometime we'll get together and trade salsas.
[signature]
Cool. I am glad it worked out for you. I am still here in St. George. Now that I am graduated who knows where the job hunt will lead me.

If you are ever down this way, we can swap salsas and wet a line too! It would be my pleasure.
[signature]
Moose do you make salsa hot enough to burn the butt hole out of a dead rihno....My buddy exclaimed that as he tried wasabi for the first time...I was laughing...cause I handed him the SPOONFULL of it. man did he do a dance in that Japanese resturaunt. ha ha..but I like it hot..so how hot is the salsa..??[Tongue]
[signature]
Burn a hole in your shorts for sure! And can put a sweat on you in the winter snows!

I know petty4life will be reading this, I left out the glass that is Jason's favorite part (private joke) I only put it in salsa for Jason.
[signature]