Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Lake & Lake Barkley
Fishing is good. Kentucky and Barkley are about above summer pool and still rising. Bream fishing is excellent on both lakes. Crickets and nightcrawlers under bobbers are catching both bream and catfish. Both are bedding. The bream are along the normal summer pool shore. Shellcrackers are mixed with the bream. Any shoreline in the bays that have some buckbrush and somewhat sandy bottom have beds. The catfish are along the shallow gravel shorelines and spawning. Leeches and nightcrawlers are the preferred baits. They are also along the normal summer pool line. A lot of largemouth are being caught along the brush and other wood in the back of the bays. Plastic and spinnerbaits are catching. The bigger largemouth is in and under the bruck brush in the backs of the bays. Flipping plastic worms is also working. Crappie are slow and there is not a lot of activity to report. Whitebass is not good yet but is improving.<br><br>TIP: Sometimes a bit of shrimp on with you nightcrawler or leech is the little trick that seems to help on catfish at times.<br><br>BITS AND PIECES: If I knew then what I know now, would I be thinking about it now?<br><br>www.kentuckylakebarkley.com