Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you use for "bug repellant" ???
I use 2 fresh garlic cloves the night before I go out and on multi-day trips I take some with me and "pop' one or two every night just before dinner...

What to all of you use to keep the pests away....oh yeah, Mine works great for keeping moose and stuff out of the camp site.lol

Laters, Lets hear ya!!!!
[signature]
If I did that, I think it would keep everyone away!! ha ha

Actually, I used some of the Garlic pills. Humans can't smell them but the mosquitos sure do. I also found over time that the Vitamin B complex is real good. That is one of the key ingredients in the Mosquito repellent pills that are sold commercially. They also give you a good energy boost.

I will usually take 2 garlic and 2 B complex about 2 hrs before hitting the waters where I intend to fish.
[signature]

Hey there BADFISH,

Not taking a bath for 3 months might do it! Seriously.. there are some products that claim to be state of the technology stuff including a 30% DEET formula. That's industrial strength.

JapanRon
[signature]
The DEET is fine for the skin areas. I still have to go with the regular garlic as it does a fine job for the eyes and mouth areas.

When I go with strait repellant, I end up eating a few mosquitos. I guess that's because I can't keep my mouth shut when I am fishing.
[signature]
I almost always forget to cover myself with DEET. So what I do during the summer months (since you get attacked by jumbo-jet sized syringes no matter where you are in this state) is add garlic to just about everything I eat plus I take a B-complex. Now if I can just remember to cover myself up with deet. These things even bite through my heavy duty denim jeans!
[signature]
I just pray that those little guys stay away from my float tube this summer. I don't think I can cover that many hole in it and still maintain my composure for fishing at the same time.[cool]
[signature]