Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripers Have Invaded Maine Coast!
Well fellow angler's, the Spring invasion of the Maine Coast and Rivers by Striped Bass has begun, and quite early and in earnest I might say. They are already being taken by anglers along the coast, from Kittery to Wiscassette, and in the rivers, such as the Kennebec, as far up river as the Waterville Dam. The Kennebec, which has always been home to good Striper fishing, has become known as world class in recent years. Many years of working to clean up the river from polution and over-fishing, as well as removing the Edwards Dam in Augusta, and intense work by the Dept. of Inland Fisheries and Wilflife, as well as the Dept. of Marine Resources. Along the coast Mackerel are schooling up in bunches, with Bluefish to show up shortly too. Shore angler's have a lot of locations to choose from, from the beaches of Kennebunk, along to Old Orchard Beach, and further up the Maine Coast and Rivers. If you have access to a boat and or many Maine Guides, you are in for a hell of a time, so come on up and enjoy Maine's Vacationland, because the fishing is going to be Great! As I have more reports, both first hand and from other's, I will relay them all to you on these message boards.<br> Until then, Tight lines and Good Fishing!!!<br><br>"Striper Maine-iac"