Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emperor Tackle
hey i was just wondering if anyone who had got there free emperor tackle hooks and if they got an email about writing a testimony about how they caught fish and if you send in a pic.I still dont know if im going to do it. but if you do, send it in you get some kind of rebate on they product, just thought i would get everyone elses scoop on it[Smile] thanks
[signature]
I got the hooks and the email. I plan on sending them a pic or two just to see what's up. I'm headed out to do some serious baracuda fishing in the next couple of days. I hope to see how their hooks hold up.

Their rebate is only if you buy something anyways. I just wanted to try their freebies.
[signature]
I got the email but I haven't used the circle hooks I got from them yet. I deleted the email so I guess I won't be providing a testimonial. Oh well, it only gives you a 5 or 10% rebate anyway and I don't plan on buying any anytime soon.
[signature]
That is a good way to see it. You can save 100% of the cost by not buying the items.[Wink]
[signature]
that sure is one way to do it tubeN2, but i think if i go out somewhere where i could catch a bluegill or some other small fish i might put on one of those small hooks and send it in for the heck of it.but i doubt i will buy anything from them[Wink]
[signature]
I'm sure they would get a kick out of that and even get all hyped up about how good their stuff is. I'm going shark fishing this weekend. I might just send them a pic of a sharks with a SoCal look to it. Just picture a shark with a nose ring(hook), eyebrow, belly button and maybe a couple of fin piercings.

I'm sure that would flip their switch.[cool]
[signature]
LOL[laugh] You always crack me up tubeN2!![cool] I'd be interested in that shark picture too[Wink]
[signature]
I might as well use their hook for something. For a while they were sending my a new sample pack about every 2 weeks. I have 7 of their 2packs of hooks. That's just about enough to make one of those punk rock sharks out of.

I do have to make sure that the shark I do this to is a keeper though. I wouldn't want him to be embarrased by his other shark buddies making fun of him upon re-entry to the water. ha ha.
[signature]
i caught a sucker with one of there hooks this weekend, i was thinkin about sending it in. lol[Wink]
[signature]
I only filled out their request once. I don't know what happened to their mailing system but the hooks just kept coming in my name. My son filled out one of the requests but nothing ever came.

You win some and you lose some. I don't believe in dishonesty either. That would be abuse of the system. There are already enough of those wisecracks out there.

Their product looks like it would be study enough to catch just about anything that there is to catch for that size hook that they send you.
[signature]
I received them but misplaced them. Mind sending me some of your extra TubeN2?

I don't even remember getting an e-mail from them so I guess I won't be sending them a report on my catches with their hooks as soon as I find them or get more.
[signature]
PM me your address and I'll send you some.[cool] I'm down to 2 packs left after some heavy snags in the kelp at Catalina Island. You are welcome to them if you want them.[Smile]
[signature]
No need. Just found them today! Woohoo! Have yet to try them. I got the circle hooks. Not sure what to try them on though.
[signature]
As you probaly know, the circle hooks are best on anything that you plan to C&R as well as slow moving fish that don't really strike hard.
[signature]
Does anyone have any tips on how to set a circle hook ? I'm so used to feeling a bite waiting a few seconds then setting hard into yhe fish. It's a habit ingrained in my brain. Would appreciate any advice.
[signature]
Supposedly, just a light tug and it should set, if you even have to do that. I'm guessing my old habit of jerkin' the line so set the hook is probably why I lost a few bites last week with the Gamakatsu circle hooks I was using.
[signature]
A light tug is fine but not necessary. Generally with the Circle hooks, all you have to do is reel in. the hook is self setting and easy to remove afterwards. Next to barbless hooks, this is the way to go for C&R anglers.[cool]
[signature]
Heh, that's how I set all my hooks! Just reel it in. I never jerk the rod unless I'm fishing in the river.
[signature]
My Dad always says that the definition of fishing is "A jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other end."
[signature]