Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to give Tule Springs a try
[size 2] [font "comic Sans ms"] Really can't go too far out of town so I'm going to give Tule Springs a try tomorrow afternoon. Taking my daughter and hopefully we won't get skunked again! It will be my first time there, so if we do get skunked, I can use that as an excuse. Anyone know if there are any particular areas out there that would be better than others? [/size] [/font]

[size 2] [font "comic Sans ms"] David [/size] [/font]
[signature]
never been there but good luck bro!

sm
[signature]
Here is some info from my website on Tule Springs or better known as Floyd Lamb State Park.

[center][#000080][size 4]State Records[/size][/#000080][/center] [center][#000080] [/#000080][font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 4]Green Sunfish 1 Lb 6 Oz. 1992[/size][/#000080][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 4]Trophy Fish[/size][/#000080][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 4] Channel Catfish 20-lb 28.5-inch 1996[/size][/#000080][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 4] Redear Sunfish 10.75-inch in 1997[/size][/#000080][/font][/center] [left][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][#008000]The Floyd Lamb State Park Pond is located within Floyd Lamb State Park in the northwest part of the Las Vegas Valley. Frequently referred to as Tule Springs or Tule Springs Pond, this stocked fishing pond is one of a series of four ponds used for landscaping and irrigation. These ponds are constructed on the site of a historic pond and marsh complex that was used by Native Americans for thousands of years before the recent settlement of southern Nevada. The Tule Springs area was used, beginning in the 1930s, as a private guest ranch before being acquired as a public state park. The park ponds are supplied by a combination of wells and artesian spring flows. They also serve as an island of habitat for other wildlife species in rapidly developing Las Vegas Valley. Only the largest, uppermost pond is stocked with game fish, although, during high water levels, a few game fish may move into the middle series of ponds below. The entire shoreline of the upper pond is accessible for fishing except along parts of the west side where dense vegetation occurs. The upper pond is approximately 5 acres in size and has a maximum depth of about 15 feet.[/#008000] [/size][/font] [left][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][#008000]Water quality is generally good with spring flows helping to keep summer water temperatures down compared to other urban ponds in the valley. The pond is accessible for fishing during open park hours, but is closed during the times posted at the park entrances. To reach Floyd Lamb State Park, take the US 95 freeway north to Durango Drive and exit right, or to the east. Follow the brown State Park signs to the park entrance, approximately 2 miles.[/#008000] [/size][/font] [left][font "Times New Roman"][#008000][size 3]The fishing pond is located on the main park access road in the northwest part of the park. Ample vehicle parking is available at the west end of the fishing pond. The primary game fish species in Floyd Lamb State Park Pond are rainbow trout and channel catfish. Catchable-sized fish of both species are stocked seasonally. Other species present include bluegill, redear sunfish, green sunfish, crappie and largemouth bass. These species are not regularly stocked, but fish habitat placed in the pond provides cover for reproduction and recruitment of the warm water fish species. This pond has produced several trophy fish, including a 20-lb., 28.5-inch channel catfish in 1996, a 1-lb., 10.75-inch redear sunfish in 1997, and the current state record green sunfish, measuring 12.5 inches long and weighing 1-lb. 6-oz., which was caught in 1992. Small spinners, still baits such as salmon eggs, and fly fishing can all be effective for rainbow trout. [/size][/#008000][/font] [left][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][#008000]Camping: No overnight camping is allowed at Floyd Lamb State Park. Improved day use areas with shade shelters, picnic tables and barbecues are available on a first-come first-served basis, and group use areas are available through reservation. The Nevada Division of State Parks charges a fee for park access.[/#008000][#008000] [/#008000][/size][/font] [left][font "Times New Roman"][#008000][size 3]Floyd Lamb State Park Pond is stocked weekly with rainbow trout from November until March, and with channel catfish at least monthly from April through October. Water temperatures and other conditions can change this stocking schedule without notice.[/size][/#008000][/font] [left] [left][font "Times New Roman"][#008000][size 3][/size][/#008000][/font][/left][font "Times New Roman"][#008000][size 5][url "http://www.nighthawkcd.com/floydlambsp.htm"]www.nighthawkcd.com/floydlambsp.htm[/url][/size][/#008000][/font][/left]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] Yeah Nighthalk, back in the olden days we called it Tule Springs. It's hard to give up the past. Also, I toured your site last night, still coming along that's good. Thanks for the info. My Brother-n-Law and I have a trip planned to Haymeadow or Cold Springs, I'll get some pictures for your site. [/size] [/font]

[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] David [/size] [/font]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] We finally got out there at 5:30, we ended up with 3 kids in tow. By the time we got them all setup the ducks and birds moved in and the kids lost interest in fishing. They wanted to play with the foul. So I picked a rod, didn't have much time, so I just threw some Vibrax, Spinner baits, and Buzz baits. All to no avail, saw a few good sized bass swim by but they weren't hungry. The park closes at 7:00 just in time for all the fish to start moving around. We had about an hour to fish and chase kids, it was pretty nice out there. I may have to load up the family and do a BBQ out there someday. [/size] [/font]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/size] [/font]
[signature]