Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Net Retractor .....Smet Retractor

Hey there guys,

I noticed that yet another product had escaped my notice recently and that is a super duper net retractor. It is the one made by Gear Keeper. (I'm sure they are sold here on BFT)

The company has a line of quick release buckles for the float tube and the retractor can also serve as a general purpose device.

This looks kind of like the perfect DIY project. I'm going to find a simple retractor and attach it to my short-handled net scabbard. I found a tennis racket cover at the thrift shop for 25 cents and put a couple of D-rings on it for my el cheapo aluminum frame net. Have drain holes at the bottom edge so the wet net will not cause rot or mildew.

Simple retractors can be bought at the 99 cent store and you could put just about anything on them.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey JR, I have thought that a retractor would be a good idea for a tube net. I have used the stretch cord nets for years and run the cord back through my D rings to snug the handle up to the tube. Then, when I pull the net out for use, the cord stretches as far as I can reach anyway.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Let us know if you scratch out the ultimate design.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]