Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass opener
hey , the bass opener , listed as last saturday before memorial day weekend in the guide book but dosen't give a date .
so is it today ?
i'm hitting the dam after work today and tomorow for a few hours , lots of rain headed our way and i love the high water .
the boat recived it's first coat of paint last night , i'm hoping to have it ready in the next couple weeks . i've contacted a guy in maine that can get me parts to finish the scott atwater motor .
the motor's 60 years old , the boat is around 50 years old .
should be something to see putting around on the water after all these years .
gotta head to work now , good fishing to you all !
[signature]
nope, sorry, you have one more saturday to go...

it is always the saturday before memorial day (opserved holiday not the actural memorial day).
[signature]
yep , i double checked the book in the tackle box yesterday . i always keep one in there .
had a good day after work yesterday , 67 northerns cought and released , however two of my lures were lost in the battles . a number 5 crome panther martin and a six inch rapala .
the rapala i strongley suspect was taken by a sizable largemouth . the pike will shoot from side to side to escape the net , this fish hit and then dove strait for the bottom of a rock encrusted hole . after a few headshakes the line frayed and snapped .
the bass are prepairing themselves in the lake shallows right now ,you can see them from shore . the gills are getting nearer in about 8 feet of water .
lots more rain today , but nothing like my buddy reported from downstate .
he said flatrock was heavely flooded , nothing like ever before . the park equipment (swingsets, slides ) has all been washed downstream . the walkbridge has a police baracade across it to stop the thrill seeker swimmers from being taken by the current . people are fishing from the road as the once 50' wide 5' deep river is now 25' deep and 250 yards across . police are stationed at the roadside for emergincies due to the vast number of fishermen taking advantage of the fish migration to the dam for oxiginated water .
this should clear out some of the debris along the lower huron and hopefully relocate the muck and mire from the flats area near the mouth of the north branch .
any word on projected damage costs from the news ?
[signature]
man alive! you wanna talk about flooding,

as of last night hundreds of houses are under water or basements are flooded. I bailed out my boat yesterday because it was full to the brim on the trailer to only have to bail it out again because it was full to the brim again this morning. the Kaboomers rolled in over top my head. the dowg was a little nervous at first but soon it did not seem to bother her since she saw it was not bothering me... The boomers have been rolling in and out all day today. breif moments of sunshine was only a lure to get you to pop your head out the door only to get it smacked by more rumblings....

as of last night 4500 homes still out of power. the salvation army is driving the lunch waggons all over metro. with last nights and todays storms, power outages are anybodys guess.
[signature]
we got hit lastnight bigtime and we were on the outer edge of the storms . i won't know till later today about damages or the extent of the flooding .

i'm looking forward to some good fishing thou . weekend plans are work , work , work . i will get monday off thou .
[signature]
our 3rd flood of the year and this time it will take a day or two for the water to reach it's peak level from yesterday nights storms . the dam upriver is at it's maximum capacity for safe discharge . i'll try for a pic of it tomorow .
the pic from the window is a newley formed river thru a farmer's front yard . the one with the picnic tables is above the 61 bridge in town , the others are below the bridge . hey i could launch a boat in front of the new multi million doller complex that just opened up last week right in there parking lot , lol !
[signature]
when I arose this morn to hear the news 95000 homes out of power....

cant say all the rain is messin up the fishing.... nope cant say that at all.... it dose play havoc on the nerves dodging them lightning bolts.... but the bites have been biguns.....
[signature]