Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra Hot WIPERS!
Fished willard monday 5-20. Trolled at speeds around 2.5-3 mph. The water temp was 64 degrees and the wind put a good chop on the water. Caught a ton of wipers, no walleye. Half the fish were small, half were average size but no big ones. You gotta love when them fish slam back that lure, double over the rod and scream the drag all the way to the boat. You can bet where I will be all week.<br>Hobo, same deal as last year, I am running out of the ultimate lure though. I got one that bolth hooks have been bent so many times they can no longer land a fish. <br>Skeeter, the word must be out on the walleye, there was a bunch of guys trying for them. Perfect conditions but i just couldnt bring myself to stop with the wipers.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Well Im just going to have to try them wipers again but unfortenatly my boat is still down and i just dont know where to go for whipers from shore? It is my goals to get one of those babys . Ive been so discoureged so far trying and trying so I went to utah lake to acomplish anouther goal<br>today believe it never caught a bigmouth untill now three pretty good sizers had a blast ....Patti<br><br>
Dude, I've only got one of the "ultimate lure" myself. I tried a couple of weeks ago throwing it from the shore but it didn't work to well. It's in pretty good shape though. It's still got the ability to hook a couple of fish yet. I was looking for one of them the other day and couldn't find any. Are they still making them? Give me a call if you want someone to go other there with you this week. It's been a while since I've been able to try out the old hobo maneuver.<br><br>HOBO.<br><br>
As far as I know they still make them but no one is stocking them. As for mr. unregistered you wanna know the ultimate lure? I cant e-mail it to you without you being registered.<br>Skeeter's b in law was out there monday as well he caught his limit in under an hour.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
OK i'm registered now , now u can let me know what the ultimate lure is <br><br>
Has anyone been out since this cold and wet front passed through? Assuming it has cooled off the wipers, any guess how soon it will pick up again?<br><br>
I went out with skeeter last night wed 5-21 and the wipers had cooled off a bit. The water temp dropped four degrees, thats a big jump for any fish. But, we still filled the live well with a limit for skeeter and threw a bunch back. The fish are still very catchable. My opinion is that as of tommorow things will be on the rise again and picking up. You can still go out and catch enough fish to satisy you tonight if you want. We even had a walleye on that got off when it surfaced. Unusuall considering we were going about 3 mph. See ya on the water.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
I was out there last night too. I was only there for a couple of hours there at the channel. The wind was blowing like a son of a gun. I wasn't catching anything so I packed it up and headed home. I heard something about a funnel cloud forming out there at Willard last night. Did anyone see it? <br><br>Hobo.<br><br>
BANG, went back out last night thursday 5-23 and the temp was up again to 63 degrees and the fish were on. Only fished for about two hours due to throttle linkage problems that developed but the fishing was hot and I caught a grundle again this time the school was bunched up tight with the finder stacked with fish, so I trolled a big circle around them. Kent, theres no reason to wait for things to pick up, its all picked up right now. Too bad its a long weekend, the waterskiiers will be out in force. Well gotta go fix some throttle issues so I can fish tonight.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
I tried my turn at Willard last evening (Friday the 24th). If we would have caught one more fish we would have caught one! Hopefully, the days of being skunked are behind me for this year.<br><br><br><br>
Sure was Sad. The school I had located had moved off, there were still a few fish around but it was tough. I got one about fifteen minuets in to the trip ( that was the one you saw kent). We wnt north and trolled back, went south, circled around and came back from the west and determined that the fish had moved a long way. I never found them, we ended up with five wipers and one snagged carp. I tried sweeping big swathes with planers, running big snake curves, and tight z patterns over small pods of fish, but just couldnt find the numbers I needed. Hopefully I will locate another bunch here soon. We hit hyrun today and got skunked. No bass, no trout, no perch. I must be entering a slump.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.