Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing near Long Beach
New to this site. Hello all.

I'm launching out of Long Beach on Sunday 5/30/04 at 4am. Haven't been out on the ocean in 2 months. Don't have time to hit the island. Does anyone have an idea of what we can target or what's biting. Please give me an idea of where we can go.

I'd appriciate the comments. Thank you
[signature]
I can tell you from first hand,

If you want the hottest up to date tips, hit up your local regional boards...
[signature]
Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. Please feel free to check out the California Boards for the latest in fishing reports. There are several species that are running around right now so feel free to scroll down a little further on the main menu and check out the latest in reports.
[signature]

Hey there EMLANNA,

Welcome to BFT. Looking forward to your reports, comments, and questions.

Do you float with the baytubers? Sounds like you're not going to launch from nearby Grisson so I figure you're gonna do Cherry or maybe the flipflop house areas. We've got lots of boards here so you can do a lot of surfing er.. visiting boards.

Again Welcome,

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello Emlanna,

Welcome to the boards! You usually can't go wrong at the Horseshoe, its close and usually has something jumping off. I hear what your saying about the "2 months" I got out for striper a couple weeks ago but besides that have not got out in a couple months (I am going to try to get out a couple times this weekend). Good luck and have fun! Please drop back by and let us know how you do wherever you end up going.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey theangler, If you get out anywhere close to Catalina this weekend, don't forget to stop by Avalon and say hi. I will be out there from early Saturday to late Monday afternoon.

Give me a call if you can swing by. You have my number.[cool] I might even be able to hook you up on some fresh barracuda tacos.
[signature]
Hi EMLANNA: Go through the Long Beach light gap and head about 210 degrees. At about one mile from the gap put out some 6 inch Rapalas and troll about 5 knots. Troll to 5 miles from the light and circle back. Look for the sportboats. Guaranteed barracuda. George
[signature]

Hi there EMLANNA,

Who me?! Float tubing on the brain? For some reason......

Hope you'll let us know the results of your trip to CAT.

JapanRon
[signature]