Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bountiful Pond Racists...tangent
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I went out to Bountiful Pond the other evening to kill a couple of hours dunking some catfish bait. I caught a nice 24” channel cat, but that was it for the evening. However, even though the cats weren’t active, the racists were.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]There were a lot of Spanish speaking fishermen out there (as there usually are at this pond) and, being a chronic eavesdropper, I was enjoying listening to their conversations. The group next to me was in the middle of a very insightful and in-depth discussion about the Resurrection and Atonement of Jesus Christ. While I can’t say that I agreed with all of their views on Christian doctrine, it was nevertheless an enlightening conversation to listen to. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The whole evening there was a group of white trash about a hundred yards down the shore from me that kept dropping the F-bomb and making racial epithets about Hispanic people. I tried to pass off their behavior as a result of being totally ignorant, but then in the middle of this very educated and spiritual conversation, this group started mocking the guys I was listening to! They referred to them with some very derogatory words in English and then proceeded to “pretend” to speak Spanish. I guess the alcohol in their system must have made it seem a lot more funny than it was because they continued to shout out sounds that they thought seemed like Spanish phonetics for about five minutes.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]A child that was with the Spanish speaking group asked his father why those people were making fun of them like that. His father tried to explain it as best he could, but the child thought that he ought to say something back to them. He started, but the father stopped him and asked him what he thought Jesus would do in such a situation. The child understood and didn’t finish what he wanted to say. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]To more reflect the quality people these racists were, I noticed that they left a nice little pyramid of beer cans behind when they left. Also, I heard them discussing as walked away how “regulations are so stupid.” “I can’t believe that they don’t let you use power bait everywhere. If I catch a cutthroat at Strawberry, then I don’t care what size it is, it’s going in my cooler.”[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I was so glad to see them go, but I was ashamed at the treatment they gave all of the nice people around me. Here they were talking about their faith in their Lord and Savior and down the shore you’ve got a bunch of arrogant white trash trying to cut them down because “white people are obviously better.” I can’t stand ignorant people![/size][/font]
[signature]
Wow! That's all I can say! I too know spanish and enjoy listening to people speak it. Maybe those punks got what they deserved and got a ticket for DUI on the way home!

To assume you're better than someone else for any reason is dumb, but because the color of your skin or who your parents were? Ridiculous!
[signature]
OK THAT MADE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH. IN THIS DAY AND AGE FOR PEOPLE TO THINK THIS WAY MAKES ME SICK. RACIST PEOPLE NEED TO BE BURNED AT THE STAKE... IT IS A CRIME IN ALL FORMS...

BEING STUPID SHOULD HURT!!!!!! IGNORANCE SHOULD ALSO!!!!!

WHEN I HEAR THINGS LIKE THIS IT MAKE'S ME FEEL ASHAMED TO BE WHITE AND A AMERICAN [Sad]
[signature]
[size 1]WHEN I HEAR THINGS LIKE THIS IT MAKE'S ME FEEL ASHAMED TO BE WHITE AND A AMERICAN[/size]

[size 1]what he said......[/size]

[size 1][/size]

[size 1][/size]
[signature]
Got to agree with you there mikecromaine. Its undereducated folks like this that give us white folks a bad name. I share your sentiments about being ashamed of being white, especially for shrimpboy who was close enough to hear all of this. However, I can't and won't be ashamed to be an American. For all we know, those spanish speaking gentlemen may also be americans.
[signature]
While you may not be able to change their racist views, here are a couple of thoughts.

1. Try to start a friendly conversation with the people speaking Spanish. At least apologize to them and let them know not everyone feels that way. This will do 2 things. It will let them know they have some support, and it will also show the other group of people which side you are on.

2. Take down the license number of their car, pick up a cel. phone, and report them for the littering. The evidence is all right there. While it isn't illegal to have your opinions about races or other groups of people, it IS illegal to trash up our 'fishin' holes'. In some small way they will get what they deserve for at least that action. Hopefully they will even get picked up for DUI on the way home if you call quick enough and let the police know which direction they headed.

Just my two thoughts. (This brain can't fit many more than two at a time.)
[signature]
Just the thought of "Oxygen Thieves" like this in my West Bountiful Neighborhood makes me want to puke. Don't you wish such a waste of good skin would just crawl back under their little flat rocks and stay there?
[signature]