Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Willard report
Hit willard again last night (5/26). Had another awesome trip. Got on the water about 2:00 PM The water was very murky do to constant wind and light drizzle coming down, that weather man lied again! anyway fishing started out pretty slow, we only boated four fish in the first two hours and like the last trip we couldnt find any fish consentrated just singles spread out all over. Sometime around 5:00 we caught a nice 21 incher out in the middle of the lake and missed another one at the same time. This was as close as we have come to finding at lease two schooling fish, so we through out a marker and fished all around it. We caught fish on almost every pass through that area, the fish were moving around quite a bit but they stayed within 100 yds of the marker. The shoreline around Willard has very few land marks and without GPS its impossible to stay on the fish when your out in the middle. I dont know if this trick was a fluke or not but we boated 22 wipers and 1 walleye in 5 hours with the majority of those all caught in a two hour window.

Might be something to think about next time you're out there.
[signature]
those are the things i like to hear about willard. it is awsome to hear reports of wiper action. i might haave to head down there sometime next week.

Joe
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Weather or not , sounds like you still had a great day.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
22 FISH SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME I HAVE TO GET UP THERE SOON...
[signature]
Here are a couple of pics from our trip on Wed.
[signature]
Those are a couple nice Wipers. Thanks for the report, and for sharing the pics of the fishies. Good luck on your next trip out.
[signature]
what color boat were you in? i probably saw you out there last night. it looks like the majority of the wipers are hanging out in the deeper water on the lake. we fished from shore and i havent been able to find any cruising the rocks lately. though the shad are up there im not sure why the wipers arent following.
[signature]
Hey X, I have a gray Lund, Prov V 17 footer with some bullet hole stickers on one side. I'll be out there again tommorow or the next day. Got to get em while the gettin's good.
[signature]