Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 5-26
Fish from 3p till dark. Marked lots of fish in 15 to 20 ft of water 6 to 8 ft deep. Tried jigs and throwing cranks with very little success so we decided to troll and cover lots of water. Wound up with 8 rainbows ( 2 over 16"), 2 bass over 12" and 1 brown (released). All fish were caught on silver with black shad rap and same color prism shad. Lot of hits without hookups. Tried trolling spoons and typical rapalas with only a couple of hits. trolled s-pattern and all but a couple hits were on the inside.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] I have never fished the Jordenelle Reservoir, I was told once that there are Walleye in t here do you know if this true. I am going to have to make a trip up there.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice, It is here. I love to troll w/ crankbaits. It sounds like you got into them pretty well. How far back from the boat were you trolling.

If I'm getting hits on mostly the inside I try to slow down. Inside hits mean they hit when the bait slows or pauses. I'll be up at rockport doing the same thing this weekend.
[signature]
There are walleye in there. Even when it was still filling and it was closed to fishing still, the DWR caught a group of guys down there one night that had live walleye in their possesion -- in an attempt to stock them in Jordanelle. There are also smallmouth, largemouth, perch, chubs, rainbow, cutts and brown in there
[signature]
I was already trolling as slow as I could. somewhere between 2.5 and 3 mph. good for wipers but sometimes alittle to fast for other species at certain times. Tried the electric kicker for a while but the battery didn't last. Looks like I'll need to replace it this year. Any how it was a decent day on Jordanelle and it should start to pick up alittle. I was a little surprised not finding any perch. we were hooking up more fish only letting out about 50ft of line. only acouple long lining.
[signature]