Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge report 5-22,23
I had some trouble posting this with the pictures, so I hope it works- if not maybe somebody can help as I'm not too quick with the keyboard.
Anyways, we were on the Gorge sat and sun. Sat we boated 6 fish, a 33#, 20# and 4 pups. Sun. was a bit tougher, we only caught one fish at about 10#. Fishing for us was pretty good between storm squalls and when the water was calm. The other boat in our group got one fish each day, and lost a good one on sunday (they never saw it but you could tell it had weight). Overall a good weekend especially with the 30+ and considering the last three trips this year were zero's. MM
[signature]
MACMAN,

Sounds like a GREAT TRIP!!! What general area were you fishing for the big Macs? Were you trolling or Jigging? I've had a few 30+ Mac's ( caught & released) up there in past years and Smiled the 4 hours all the way home.

I plan to go up on Sunday and Memorial day and was wondering what depth the big boys are at this time of year? Usually I find them in the 80-100' range during the summer months.

Thanks,,,[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Great report, MACMAN! Wish I could see the pictures though! Were you folks jigging or trolling?[/size][/font]
[signature]
The pictures arn't showing up for me either.
[signature]
Sorry about the pics, I've never loaded them before so I'm sure that its me. I have them on an email so if someone else wants to try to post them, I would be happy to forward them. As for where they are, we went up the prior weekend and I found the fish over on Antelope, but they would not take. This past weekend we found fish on State line and also on Antelope, but they seemed alot more cooperative. The fish also seemed to be scattered, but we found that being persistent over active stacks brought strikes. We were jigging, but the trollers were doing well too. The boats that are congregated will tell you where the fish are, I think they are on the move pretty good. The fish seemed to be in 50 to 75 feet. I asked for and got some really good info on using my downriggers, but fortunately I didn't need them, thanks again for the tips. I release the fish I catch also, there is no bigger thrill than landing one of those lunkers, they should live to be caught again. Good luck, I hope you get some fishable weather-MM
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Send them this way, MACMAN. I"ll get them posted for you.[/size][/font]

[url "mailto:BearLakeMack@BearLakeMack.com"][size 3]BearLakeMack@BearLakeMack.com[/size][/url][size 3] [/size]
[signature]
I am looking forward to seeing those picts too. Nice trip!!! thanks for the report
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Here's the pics of MACMAN's trip. Check it out! Nice macks! I also have an .AVI file that I'll post up for all to see. I need to uploaded it to my site first. I'll have it up and running soon so check back.[/size][/font] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4659;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4660;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4661;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4662;][/center] [center][/center]
[signature]
Hey BLM, thanks for posting those pics. One of these days I'll figure it out.-MM
[signature]
Nice fish Macman !! I am impressed .One of these day I will have to give that a shot .
[signature]