Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG BUCK FROM IOWA
[Image: get_file.html?mid=17032][Image: pf_right_mid.gif][Image: pf_left_mid.gif]
Lovstuen Buck

Here is one of the 1st released photos of the Lovstuen Buck. It is more than likely going to be the largest buck taken by a hunter in the World. Rough score is 322 inches. It was taken in Albia Iowa by this 15 year old Lovstuen boy with a night muzzleloader during the youth deer season. Latestis that Cabelas has offered him 2.5 million to display it at one of their stores. This picture along with an article is in the January issue of the Iowa Fish and Game Magazine. Harvest: Killed by 15-year old Tony Lovstuen on Sept. 29,2003, in Monroe County near Albia, Iowa. Weapon: Reportedly taken with a muzzleloader during Iowa's youth deer-hunting season. Scorers: Following the conclusion of the 60-day drying period, the Lovstuen buck was given a Boone & Crockett Club entry score on Sunday by B&C and Missouri Big Bucks Club measurers Dale Ream,Don Roper,Lawrence Redel, Gary Webber, Joe Ream and Brad Ream. Monte Michael and Danny Hartwig assisted by recording the numbers and details of the lengthy procedure. Non-typical score: 319 4/8 inches. Total points: 38 scorable points. Those points include a basic nine-point main frame, 16 abnormal points on the right side Inside spread: 22 4/8 inches. Main beams: 26 1/8 inches (right); 23 7/8 inches (left). G1: 5 4/8 inches (right); 10 2/8 inches (left). G2: 10 2/8 inches (right); 9 3/8 inches (left). G3: 2 4/8 inches (right); 7 3/8 inches (left). G4: 2 2/8 inches (right); unpaired on the left main beam. Mass measurements: The four right-side mass measurements range from 6 0/8 inches to 8 2/8 inches; the four left-side mass measurements range from 4 0/8 inches to 8 3/8 inches. Abnormal point measurements: 167 4/8 abnormal inches, including 741/8 inches on the right side and 93 3/8 inches on the left side.
[signature]
All I can say is "Wow, what a buck!"
[signature]
Nice buck[cool]

Kind of looks like the one I shot last year[Tongue]
[signature]
[shocked] Definately a sweet buck... Thanks for sharing that with me..[cool]
[signature]