Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pineview report 5-29-04
Fished Pineview today from 2:30-8:30. Started out casting for muskies in the north arm but the wind was blowing hard and it made boat control a real proplem, so we decided to troll. We trolled all the way around pineview with out catching or seeing a muskie but we did land 5 smbass and 1 carp. It was a cold day and very few boats where on the water. Surface temperature was 55-59 degrees.

I included a picture of HA69 smbass a smbass I caught and a picture of the dam, pineview is at least 90% full, you can see how close the water is to the top.
[signature]
Glad to see the pic of you and the SMbass turned out . Boat was rocking back and forth in the waves and you can tell by the pic with the boat at a tilt . Rough day on the sea . I'm still rocking now at home . LOL I thought I had a muskie on a jig but it turned out to be a big carp . LOL Still fun to bring in . We'll get them next time .
[signature]
you two fellas are alright!

probably two of my favorite guys to see reports from on the site.

Good for you guys.

I couldnt persuade the two of you to take the day off and join me thursday in my boat could I?
[signature]
Thanks Predator I appreciate the offer but I can't take Thursday off I'm planning to leave work early Wednesday and go to willard with my brother in-law. By the way where are you going?
[signature]
When were you planning on heading up Thursday? That is if your still planning on going? If so, Pm Me.
[signature]
Looks like the weekends gonna turn out Ok for ya MGB..Bet tonights the night

you get your big musky aye.. Hey do you two guys ever go out and not catch..

Skipper!
[signature]
Hi skip. We've had fairly good luck lately but we've had our fair share of skunkings.

If the weather stays good today there will be a lot of boats on the water. I just might go up this evening after most of the boats pull off the water.
[signature]
If I didnt have three little tag alongs with me Id think about taken the sweet toe up.Now that Ive ground the willard chunk out of the prop it ought to run ok...Haven a hard time finding a new prop for her.. The guy at the prop shop is out of right handed 17 pitch big ear's...so Im shopen on line..kinda painfull but I got to have another before the gorge trip over the 4th. Ah its only money..and if your gonna own a boat you better have great credit...
[signature]
Where did you catch that lunker, at the gorge?
[signature]
Yea...last 4th of july trip..5lbs 2oz not bad for inland salmon huh..didnt catch any big macs last year..probly cuz we were hot on the salmon..think im gonna change a little this year..Youll have to go..
[signature]
Fished pineview today from 3:30pm-8:30pm for the second day in a row (5-30-04). Skip was right "tonights the night". Caught a 26" muskie and a small mouth bass and HA69 caught a small mouth bass also. It was a little muskie but he tugged just as hard as some of the big boys. The surface temperature was 62 degrees in the shallow bays and 59 degrees in the deeper areas.

I left my camera in the truck but HA69 had his and took some pictures. When he gets them developed I will post them.
[signature]
I thought I would show the pics of MGB muskie I took , but they didn't turn out like I hope they would . Tried to measure and hold fish and pics didn't turn out well enough for the Fuzzy challenge . Well he is competition for me . LOL I really didn't do this on purpose . Taking a pic of a muskie with ruler and a unruly fish can be a chore even with a small one . I believe this fish was 26" from what I remember . Mike has invited me out again on his boat september 2 . Just can't wait .
[signature]
We gave it a good try but we had to watch out for the best interest of the muskie and let him go with out a good pic. He swam away with alot of energy thats all that counts.
[signature]
What about the carp. I think those are fun to catch. Especially on a fly rod

Trent
[signature]
Pineview is loaded with them.I try my best to avoid the carp. But theres been many times I have hooked into one and I though I had a big muskie on and then its a big let down when you see them on the end of your line.
[signature]
You have to admit they put up a good fight

Trent
[signature]
Yes, I will admit that. And I'm allways hoping to see a muskie surface.
[signature]