Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report 5/31/04
[cool]Went to Scofield today to get into a ton of crawdad's and hopefully land a few trout still fishin' too, but it was very windy and the damn mudbugs were havin' none of it even with raw drumsticks in four traps. Only ended up with 6 mudbugs, but I caught 6, and a couple were cutbow's I think, with the biggest going about 18 inches and about 2.5 pounds. We really had to work for them. Fished and 'dad hunted right off the dam. We didn't see anyone else catch anything except sunburns. After failing with the usual still-fishing baits[pirate], and chucking a few Jakes spin-a-lures at them, we started to get some shiners in our crawdad traps, so used them, and started to immediately catch fish. I'm taking traps with me everytime I still-fish at Scofield and da Berry for now on!! Those things rock! We killed the minnows first of coarse.

The Crawdad huntin' should really pick up in a couple of weeks with these VERY warm temps coming up.
L8R
[signature]
I am hoping to head to Scofield later this week and have told my friend that people have been using the minnows to catch a lot of fish. Would you mind sharing with me how you use the minnows once you catch them. I have some traps that I will be taking and would like to try using some minnows to catch some bigger fish. How do you hook them up and rig them to catch fish once you have killed them?
[signature]
Yes, Out4, how do you rig the minnows? Occasionally when I've been fishing for crawdads with my sons, I've found a few minnows in the trap. Please explain exactly how you rig these minnows for big trout.

Thanks,

PF
[signature]
[cool]fishluvr, I'm gonna send you a p.m. that I sent Princenymph the other day on this subject.
[signature]
i was talking to a friend of mine the other day he was fishing the island area momday and cought a 7 lbs 27" rainbow on minnows.. (by the way i showed him how to catch and fish with the minnows) surves me right huh?

dude on fish?
[signature]
LOL Fuzzy its like the old saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished!"[laugh]
[signature]
[cool]Wow, nice fish! Sounds like you are one hell of an instructor, Fuzzy! Have you gotten into any nice kittie fish on the Jordan lately?
[signature]