Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Rock Da Boat
I was out LMB fishing one day in my 12 foot rowboat trolling around with my minn Kota stopped at a prime spot tossed out a live minnow and deadsticked the rod in the holder and was flipping a plastic worm on my other rod. Suddenly I see the rod in the holder start to twitch so I drop the flippin rod with the plastic worm still out there and reach for the minnow rod while setting the hook on the minnow rod I hear the flippin rod jump and see a nice bass jump with my line following him now I have 2 hooked so I place the minnow rod back in the holder and reach for the other rod and I moved to fast and flipped out of the boat and into the water so now I'm a little stunned then I realize that my flippin rod is being dragged across the lake by the bass so I dive for the rod and barely grab it now nearby there is a dock with 2 older guys fishing from it well lets just say they had to stop fishing for a while since they were laughing so hard so now I get the flippin rod and start fighting the fish standing chest deep in the lake when snap there goes the line and I turn around to climb back into the boat well I must have hit the motor control when I fell cause I had to swim very fast with a rod in one hand after the boat luckily there was a rope that I tie off with dragging behind I get the bot turn off the trolling motor grab the other rod and the fish is still on there it was a big chain pickerel and his teeth must have wore out my leader because alll I finally reeled in was a frayed line so I climb back in the boat I'm soaking wet I look back at the dock and the 2 old guys are both doubled over laughing now and I'm to say the least embarrased now I realize that my hat is gone with my fishing license on it I look around and see it floating so now I have to move over to it and try to net it I got it with the 2 guys on the dock watching me I retie my lines but this time I only use the flippin rod toss out another plastic worm and bang a 23 inch 6 pound bass with a 16 Inch girth is now mounted on my wall and the 2 old guys thanked me for entertaining them Oh yeah I now keep my wallet in a plastic Zip Lock bag
[signature]
That is a great story! I wish I was out there with my video camera so I could of sent the tape to America's funniest home videos!
[signature]
I wish someone had a video cam also we might have won the cash now I can laugh about it but I wasn't laughing at the time
[signature]
LMAO great story
[signature]