Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pueblo
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Pueblo Report (6/5/04)[/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Started the day Lindy rigging with crawlers at varying depths. Finally found the first two fish (one 14 inch smallie and one 15 inch spot) in 12 feet of water. One thing I have realized about Pueblo, if you are catching bass, back off 2-3 more in depth. At 6:40am and 15 feet deep hooked a decent fish. After a short but hard battle, had my first 18 inch walleye. Finished that pass and turned back to cross over the same spot. Within feet of the first fish spot, hooked another bigger fish. Got him to the surface but with no net I was forced to reach for the estimated 20 incher. One last head shake and she was as free as the first legal fish. Decided the fish were in that area and did not want to spook them by multiple passes so I pulled out my jigging rod tied on a non-painted lead head. Set the boat up in deeper water within casting distance and proceeded to catch another 6 walleye, all less than legal. Keepers at Pueblo are rare but to catch two “back-to-back” is a feat I have only done a few times there.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool] Cool. Thanks for the report Dave. It's nice to have you aboard as a member here! Thanks for the tip on walleye depth, too.
[signature]