Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparky, Moose and Fishing - Saved my but!
Oops,

Just thought - probably for this month, right? Oh well, enjoy it anyway!

This is a story I posted on the utah forum last March. I thought I'd through it in. It was a fishing story I'll never forget.

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][Image: Calico%20Bass.gif]

Mar 3, 2004, 10:53 AM

Post #1 of 32 (468 views)
[url "javascript: postShortcut29"]Copy Shortcut[/url]
[/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][Image: fire.gif] My pup saved my life - Sparky the hero pup [/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_reply_write;quote=1;parent_post_id=109829"]Quote[/url] | [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_reply_write;parent_post_id=109829"][Image: ibut_reply.gif] Reply[/url] [/size][/black][/font]

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]This happened to me yesterday! Any advice, comments? Wow, what an experience, what a story, my pup saved my but! Went fishing on the Weber River yesterday with my pup (5 mos.) to my club below Echo. Did a lot of walking along the river watching Sparky have fun and chasing any fish I caught and released. About 1/2 mile down the river I notice large tracks walking my direction along the roadbed. Cow, elk, what? Looked more like elk - cool. Ran across a large deposit of pooh and decided it was an elk, cool. In reflection I should have known it wasn't. Left the roadbed and started fishing a hole. Lo and behold at what was walking up river towards me!!! A big moose-cool! [/size][/black][/font]

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Well,------- he kept coming! I didn't like the way he was looking at me! What do I do? Come on, a moose isn't going to bother me!!!! He kept coming! He put his ears back and charged! Decided to take action like if it was a mountain lion and look big, jump up and down and yell!!! My crap, no trees, no nothing!!! Kept on jumping and yelling. The best I can recollect in those few seconds was that he got within 3-5 ft. of me and suddenly turned with my 8 mos old pup in attack mode and in his face. The moose whirled and ran off with Sparky on his heels. Chased him about 300 yds. before I could whistle him back. Hey folks, this is my happy, playful Golden! That sucker was 10 tons if a pound and a bull because I could see the nubs where he lost his antlers. Obviously, I was close enough to see. Ever hear the expression of the hair in the back of your neck standing up? It's true, I remember feeling that watching the moose running away! [/size][/black][/font]

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]By the way, to make this a fishimg post, caught aboout 8-10 tout and 6 whites. Do you know what my wife said when I got back? Did you take any pictures? LOL [crazy]Leaky [/size][/black][/font]
thanks for the story fred we will use any story you want to sumitt from when ever
[signature]
Still a good story!
[signature]
I do have some advice for ya, though it probably goes without saying. Buy that dog the biggest bone, or toy you can find. He deserves it. Secondly, make sure little Sparky is with you on all your outdoor expeditions.
[signature]