Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry fine report 6/05/2004
Got up to the marina about 9:00 pm last night and stayed over at the lodge at the marina with my son last night . Rented a boat from the marina and fished south of the marina . Trolled various cranks and jig fished for a while today . Only boat 15 fish but had several fish rip the hooks off my lures , and they are not the cheap ones . Pointer 78's shadraps rapalas , etc. . But what really kills me today , I lost one of my rods and it was right next to me . Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't sleep knowing I was so close to heaven . I only slept about 4 hours but I could hear those gluppers slurping the surface on the water all night long . I don't know how those folks out on the boats could get any sleep from all the feeding going on all night . My biggest fish came from fishing from shore when I got unload and checked in at the lodge . Then it was time for a few Corona's and off I went into the dark to try my luck from shore . Throwing a jerkbait about 10 times and hooked about a 5 pound cutt . Didn't have tape measure and having troubles holding the fish it was quickly release . I think it was pushing about 24" . My son hook more than me on the boat but thats the way i wanted it .

90.00 for the room

90.00 for the boat

120.00 rod and reel combo with a pointer 78 hooked to a nice fish swimming still in the Berry . Ouch !!!!!!!

seeing my son hook up Priceless !!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Great report, and great fish! Too bad about your setup though. Was the wind very bad while you guys were up there?
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hey HA69, sorry to hear about your gear going in the water. Thatr has got to sting a lottle bit. But it looks like you guys had a good time anyway. That 5 pounder is very nice. I am going to have to get up there soon. Thanks for the great report.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Aquaman,Aquagirl and myself went to strawberry also. We ran into HA69 when we first got there.

We started trolling right out of the marina and headed over by bryants fork. Aquagirl stared catching fish within 5 minutes and kept going strong all day long. She alone boated 27 fish, she had the hot lure for the day. All together we ended up boating 60 fish and we caught them from several different areas. The biggest was 21" but most where around 18". I wanted to do alot of jigging but my anchor got stuck and I could'nt pull it out so I cut the rope and with the wind blowing we had to troll most of the day. We fished from 7:30am - 9:00pm, it was a long day on the water and we had a great time.

I've included some pics of the fish we caught and a pic of the water as the sun was setting. One of the pics you can see me and Aquaman hooked the same fish at the same time, I can't figure out how it happened[crazy].
[signature]
We had a good sunset when we arrived friday too . Forgot to mention I run into you there . Did you hook any rainbows or all cutts ? I tried for the Kokes for about 2 hours but come up empty . Out in the boat the biggest fish hit the jigs , but the wind changed that and we trolled mostly .
[signature]
Hey MGB, did you lose you anchor in Bryants Fork? If so, just to let you know there is a barbwire fence down there. The same thing happened to me. My anchor got stuck and only after firing up the motor and pulling for all it was worth did I get it free, along with a bunch of old fencing. Mr. J.
[signature]
all cutts we tried powering the anchor free with the motor and almost put the stren under the water !
[signature]
We where'nt all the way back into bryants fork when the anchor got stuck. I know what fence you are talking about and we where'nt even close to it. A couple years ago I got stuck on that fence twice in one day. My ropes have a clip to fasten the anchor to it and some how the fence worked its way into the clip. It took two of us to pull the fence above water so we could unclip the fence from our rope. I was surprised when I seen that fence come to the surface and it kicked our buuts pulling it up.
[signature]
I have lost lots of flies to that fence but it use to hold fish in that area . I was fishing close to it yesterday but water is down now so I didn't get to close to it .
[signature]
Our biggest fish was caught jigging. We did'nt jigg too long but still caught 7 jigging, all but 2 where bigger than the average size.
[signature]