Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Florida
We headed for Destin, Fl last week for a 2 day deep sea fishing trip with Captain Jim Westbrook aboard the New Florida Girl. Although the 85' boat fishes 88, I only took 11 on this trip. We had the boat to ourselves! Our first stop yeilded 55 legal Red Snappers! Our second stop gave up a 20 lb Grouper for me, and several others had 100# cut on the rough bottom. The sea's began to gather and by lunch we were rocking in 8' sea's, and getting worse. We had to succumb to the Ocean but managed to take our full limit of Snappers. One of our group caught a 10# Black Snapper. We also brought in Amberjacks, Triggerfish, Vermillion Snappers (Beeliners/Mingo) and a few assorted keepers. I couldn't keep the Bonita off my Marlin lure..lol. We're going back in October during the Destin fishing rodeo, hopefully to win some cash and prizes. Have a great summer, Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
We just scheduled our next 2 day trip for October 10-11th. Fishing should be good if we can avoid rough weather. Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"