Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip replacement
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I have a 6' 6" Med Hvy baitcaster rod that got the tip broke off. It broke about 3" down. There's about an inch of shaft left to the next guide. Does this sound like something that can be repaired or could I cut the shaft back to the next guide and replace it with an end guide? Thanks in advanced. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
what kind of rod? what brand name? fiber, graphite, composite?

[Tongue]

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] The brand?? I'm not sure. It was made for Galyan. However, it's graphite and hollow. [/font] [/size]

[signature]
I had a similar situation. I ended up cutting it down and replacing the tip with an end guide. There is only a minnimal amout of sensitivity lost through the rod but the overall strength is actually better for the next beast that I will catch.[cool]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Thanks for replies, I figured there wasn't any hope of saving the tip. So I did the same as you, cut it back. [/font] [/size]

[signature]
I've done the same thing, except I never replaced the guide with a tip guide. I just left the one that was already there, and it has worked fine for years now like that.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Thanks for the reply cat_man. I think that's the way mine is going to stay, I'm not having much luck finding a tip guide that fits. [/font] [/size]

[signature]