Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An afternoon Lake Mead trip planned 6/9/04
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][left][size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I am looking at heading to the lake Wednesday afternoon (weather/wind permitting) around 4:00 P.M. I'll be hitting the Scenic Overlook off of Lake Shore Road. (not the Long View Overlook) It's a little walk down to the water but it isn't that bad. The last time I was there I got into some catfish. If anyone is interested, let me know. [/font] [/size][/left] [left][/font][/size][size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]David [/left] [left] [/left][/font][/size]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] I've had second thoughts about the Scenic Overlook. I think I'll go to Pumphouse Cove. [/font] [/size]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] We got an earlier start then expected. Headed out around 3:00 PM and got out there at around 4:30. Spent the whole night out there, couldn't have asked for a better night. The wind finally slowed down just before sundown and stayed light all night. By morning the tally was 4 Striper, 4 Catfish, and two Carp. The better bite started around 02:00 AM until daybreak. We used anchovies, worms and shrimp but the shrimp didn't produce a single bite. One striper was picked up by my nephew. He couldn't sit still so we rigged him up an anchovy under a bobber and within minutes the bobber went for a ride. It was his very first fish. All in all it was another great (relaxing) night. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
thats awesome powermaker! glad you got into some fish!

sm
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip for your nephew's first fish, and a fishing story to tell also. How big were the carp? Good job.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Well too be honest, it wasn't all glamour and glitz. There was a moment where I questioned my sanity. A buddy went back to town to get more anchovies and my Brother-in-Law decided to take the lantern and check to see if the point had cleared out. While he was gone he left his pole in the water (he was trying his sons method anchovy under a bobber), but his bobber was bumping against the shore, I didn’t pay it any mind. I was now in almost complete darkness (Vegas lights help a bit) then it happened, a bump and scrap sound similar to the sound of a rod and reel make as they're dragged along the ground. By golly that’s what it was, his pole was making a “B” line right to the water. Me being the hero type that I am I decided to save the day and rescue the pole from certain demise. After risking my life and my limbs I managed to save the pole and bring in the fish (carp). I was also soaked from head to toe. After a bit, I was able to sit back and tried to reflect on what I had done, how I could have done it better, NAW, I just thought I had to the dumbest sum bit&^ I know……… If I’d only been drinking, I probably would sat back waved bye to it as it sank deeper and deeper, who knows. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Both Carp were only about 3 lbs., they didn't put up much of a fight. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
good save! wish i would've been there! I'm usually the one that provides the entertainment though . . .

[sly]

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] You can have it next time. [/font] [/size]
[signature]