Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach
Had another disappointing day on Utah Lake. I thought the catfishing would be great after reading all the great reports, but I only got one mudcat and had a another one on for a minute. Tried from 4 until 10pm. The wind was blowing most of the day, which made it kinda tough. I tried a new spot..down closer to the Orchard area. It looked way good....nice and rocky...and a bunch of big catfish heads on the shore from another angler. I tried shrimp and worms, just what everyone says has been working. I tried a bobber set-up and also on the bottom. Here is my question.....most people were wading out that were fishing I think by the first spring area.....was I not deep enough? Also what is the best way to rig a bobber and how many feet up from the hook? A few yrs ago I caught 5 big channels in what I think was fairly shallow water in about 1 hr using the same set-up I tried today. Any suggestions?
[signature]
I fished there 2 times last week, and I found that results were much faster if the bait was suspended off of the bottom by about a foot. If the bobber had too much line below it and the bait was dragging bottom, the bite would be slow and I would also hang up. I was having good success in shallow water though, so you might have to experiment to get the right line length on your rig. My last trip, I did notice the cat bite was slightly less also, so it might be slowing down too. (Although the whites and eyes provided more than enough entertainment.) I hope this helps, good luck.
[signature]
I was there last saturday and we were not catching nothing! Until i put a bobber and made sure the bobber didnt slide.This kept the worm off the bottom .We caught mudcats and a couple of channels about 5lbs each.The channels seem to be a litttle farther out than the mudcats though.Fishing was fast and furious .They seemed to bite more as it got a little dark.We only used worms and it didnt seem to make a difference if we had shrimp or not.Going to go back probably saturday morning .
[signature]