Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge June 4-6, 2004
Fished Flaming Gorge last weekend and limited out on Kokane. Fish were between 2-4 lbs in 35-45 feet of water. Best areas were red cliffs near sheep creek and rocky shore areas near hideout. We were using pink tazmainian's as well as kokane killer wedding rings tipped with night crawlers. Water temperature is still around 58 degrees. Caught good rainbows in cove area near hideout bait fishing with rainbow power bait and nightcrawlers off the bottom. Weather was in high 70's to low 80's, very little wind on Saturday and Sunday. I left the digital camera at home this morning. Pictures coming soon. Great trip!
[signature]
Good report, I want to get out to the gorge soon, but probably wont happen till the beginning of July. I tried for rainbow in that same cove at Hideout with no results. Was it pretty fast fishing for bows or so so???
[signature]
Polokid:

The bows were good in the mornings and late evenings. Usually it would be good for 30-45 miniutes with fairly fast action, then it would slow down to almost nothing. Since we limited out on Kokane, we could only catch 3 bows each and there were 3 of us. I think with the warmer weather the bait fishing for bows on the bottom will improve. I did talk to a guy that caught a lot of nice bows in the month of May with a bobber and nightcrawler due to the fact the fish were more on the surface.
[signature]