Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle and Echo
Finally went camping this past weekend.. After talking to the park ranger and setting up the tent my girlfriend and I tried our luck fishing.. Fished the far side of Echo for about an hour and caught a few bass, used a few topwater lures, a popper, heddon, and a slow sinking big mouth. The little lady skunked me again, on tried and true nightcrawlers. Get yourself one of the worm threaders they sell at walmart and put the entire worm on the hook and leader. That setup always outfishes my lures..Score was 3-lures to 10-worms. She also caught a couple of 15+" trout and we had them for dinner. The bass were all about 10" and we tried to cook two of them but they were just too much trouble, and to tell the truth I didnt much for the white meat. Woke up the next day and drove over to eagle, saw three mule deer and a bunch of other critters. She did it again and caught 2 trout while I caught crawfish....There are a ton of crawfish in eagle..Will have them for dinner next time we go...Im waiting for film to get developed and will post pics soon...good luck
[signature]
sounds like a great weekend to me! Picture Perfect in fact!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]Glad you had a good weekend, can't wait to see the pictures. Also, glad to read you're still around.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]David [/font][/size]
[signature]
Here's a few of the pics...The first two are of the campsite at Echo Canyon.. Its really nice with running water, real bathrooms for the ladies, picnic table and a shelter for the table, and barbeque stand...Now for the good part. Here's a pic of me with a bass that the old lady caught and the next two pics are of some of her other fish...More to come when i get the rest of the film developed....
[signature]
great pics, nice camping spot!

sm
[signature]
[cool]Hey WiNtErKiLLnv, nice pics. Those bass and trout were the same size my wife and I caught over memorial weekend. They loved the power trout worms and the olive wooleybugger. I camped in the group sites above your fishing spot. I also liked the campsites at the campground; very clean and level. Did you hike the trail at the top of the campground? Its really nice, like a small grand canyon.
[signature]