Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Bear Lake Mack
There was a weekend last fall that we caught and released over 50 fish a day on Bear Lake! We slayed'em! We used nothing but various tube jigs tipped with cisco. We moved around the lake a little but everywhere we went we caught fish that weekend. <br><br>I'm a "jigger". Trolling is a lot like watching paint dry for the most part. It is fun to use you sonar to locate fish and put the drop on them. Sometimes they hit sometimes they don't. "Huntin'" fish can be fun. I've got one tackle box that is nothing but tube jigs and weights. Probably 40 different colors. You'll find that 3 or 4 colors is all you really need. Try white/pearl, Salt & Pepper, Rainbow Trout, Blue/pearl, or pumkin seed. That will cover most every instance. <br><br>Fish deep. Go out to 80 ft plus water. If the weather permits, try free drifting. If the wind kicks up a little, drop a rope with a small length of chain to slow your drift so you can still keep your line down. Always watch your sonar. Those are your eyes. Find fish, motor up wind and drift over them. If you see suspended fish come thru, come up on them. We hooked into a monster thru the ice with that technique. Bait fish schools are also good indicators. Find the prey, find the predators, right?<br><br>It's a little different game but very fun to do and can be quite exciting when hooked up to a good mack. No, I don't fish the "gorge" much at all. Bear Lake keeps my mack fixes in check. Also I can fish the "Bear" and be home that night in an hour. <br><br>

Messages In This Thread
Mr. Bear Lake Mack - by PREDATOR - 06-04-2002, 01:08 PM
Re: Mr. Bear Lake Mack - by BearLakeMack - 06-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Re: Mr. Bear Lake Mack - by PREDATOR - 06-05-2002, 02:35 PM
Re: Mr. Bear Lake Mack - by BearLakeMack - 06-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Re: Mr. Bear Lake Mack - by PREDATOR - 06-05-2002, 11:02 PM