Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiggleFin Action Disc
Has anybody tried one of these simple, yet marvelous looking, contraptions? Is it worth it or just another way to hook the fisherman instead of fish?

http://www.wigglefin.com/
[signature]
That would probably be worth giving a try. I would buy it right now if they had the ultra clear. The fish get too spooked here in Cali. Even they are skeptics on new products.
[signature]
I'll weight in here on the old wiggle fin. They are awe-some, almost too good...... if you put one in front of something like a leech you have to stop fishing almost in order to keep from being constantly hooked up. I have watched and asked and there are often LOTS of trout following your fly, you just don't know it. This wiggle back and forth dance action is going to get one to hit it. If the trout are there and this wiggle fin doesn't flip the hit it switch..I'd bet they won't hit anything. They have a new larger size for salmon flies etc. The other guys I know who got some love them and the rest of the guys I know were having a hard time getting any because Cabela's sold out for awhile or is sold out and if you ask me I would order a few dozen of each size right away and see what happens. These are one of the best new things I've found in years, been to their website yet? They show one in a tank or something....AND they are not expensive! If you get some and don't want them I'll buy them from you and that way you can't lose, hey what are fellow fisherman for. Chuck Barnes
[signature]
Hey those look pretty cool. I think I might have to try them out.
[signature]
Hey Chuck, you got any I can borrow?

[Tongue]
[signature]
those cups would have to be ultra soft rubber for me to want one.

I get a lot of hits up on top so many instances I use a single hook harness. my wories would be if the cup was to hard it might kick the fishes mouth open and cause me to mis set the hook.

the color would not matter to me as much as the softness of the rubber.

so what say you about the cups, are they soft rubber or hard plastic?
[signature]
Well I just ordered a pack and will try them up in Vermont in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how they work out.
[signature]
Great! Can't wait for your report.
[signature]
Hello DDR,
Looks to me like it just may produce. Its amazing that people can still keep coming up with innovative ideas to attract the fish, you would think by now we would have seen it all but this one looks like a winner. I can't wait to here some reports on how it pans out.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Well I tried them DDR and their not for the way I fish. They do work to increase the wiggle as advertized, but I use sencos more than anything and it hampers the action of them.They double shiped my order, so if you want to try them, PM me your address and I'll mail them out.Let us know how you make out.
[signature]
You've got a PM!
[signature]
[cool][font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 4]The smallest size available is ¾". Would like to see them a bit smaller like a ½". I think that I would be more interested in the clear wiggle fin than the colored ones. Has anyone used the wiggle fin have a preference of a color(s)?[/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]
Yeah, they are kind of large. Hmmm, make your own out of stainless steel washers and paint them whatever color you want.
[signature]
[font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 3][cool]Hey there DDR - that what I was thinking. How about those little suction cups that one sticks to a window. You know the type that has a hook to hang ornaments on. Might work.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]
Yeah. Obviously, numb minds think alike. [Wink]
[signature]