Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - CAMPING & FISHING PANGUITCH LAKE
me and nighthawk hit panguitch lake for a long memorial day weekend camping and fishing . . i got there a day early to get our campsite and do a little scouting . . caught 3 nice rainbows near the boat ramp thurs, friday tons of wind and no luck; what got me is i found a ton of scuds around the shore, and on the boat ramp, pink ones, man i had the exact replica in my fly box . . kept trying them, nuthin.

Panguitch's water level is good, not great with alot flowing out the creek, boats had no trouble launching if they had been started that year, thanks to the dude who revvvveddd his huge engine for over an hour belching blue funk at us on saturday. nighthawk arrived fri earlier than expected, and he brought the rain . . a real good rain most of the night, saturday was great fishing, we caught damn near 20 with nighthawk landing a nice 18 incher, and he had i swear a 20 incher to the shore where it spit . . . all the fish were over 13 inches, a nice steady day . . we ate ribeyes off the grill and feasted on dutch oven dump cake.

Sunday we rented a 16 foot aluminum with honda motor and tried to find some fish . . neither of us knows jack about trolling so we figured we'd try it . . used everything in the box, couldnt catch anything over 12 inches all day, but i remember about 20 boated, nighthawk had the hot hand, everybody else either was catching one every few hrs or small ones too, big diff a day makes . . the wind almost blew us off the lake a few times, and i broke a couple rods [shocked] 8 ft rods are no good in a small boat, lemme tell ya . .next time ill have a 5-1/2 footer . .that night swiss steak in the dutch !

a fantabulous weekend !!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] I was wondering when we going to get your report. What no pictures????? With the exception of Friday, is looks like a great trip. It had to be great, you got the imfamous Dump cake. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
ive got a few, but nighthawk has all the good ones . . i'll post a few later ...

sm
[signature]
You must be busy if your slacking on the pictures.

Looks like a great trip.
[signature]
nighthawk is still writing his report, and he's got the pics - he's been really busy - all i have is camp shots

sm
[signature]
Yea What's up no screaming videos. No photos!!!! I am really disapointed in you. LOL
[signature]