Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carters Lake Report
<br>************************ Carters Lake Fishing Report****************<br> 6/4/02<br><br>The Lake is at full pool and clear surface temp is 82 degrees <br>stripers: not much change since last month, the fishing is slow,the fish are all over the main lake. <br>surface feeding activity is very limited,but its still possible <br>to see a few fish breaking early in the mornings and late afternoon. if you find fish feeding on top they will eat a 6" redfin or bucktail jig. most fish are being caught on down lines 20 to 50 ft. under the boat.around main lake points and humps.look for the points or humps that have bait fish present and down line a shiner, shad or bream down at the <br>depth they are at.when using shad or shiners,I down size my baits at this time of year. the fish are feeding on lots of small threadfin and the small 1 1/2 to 3" baits seem to get a few more bites. <br>this type fishing can be a waiting game on carters this time of year,but the patience to wait for that bite can be rewarded with some really nice fish. <br><br>Spotted Bass:The spawn is basicly over and most fish are on their summer patterns.I am going to call fishing for the spots good, because it is possible to have a really good day on Carters now,but the timing of your trip can be the difference between catching a good string and getting skunked here at this time of year..I try to fish during or just <br>after the pumpback(which will usually be Early morning on weekdays)and try to avoid fishing during generation times. a Bill Normans deep little N crankbait in white with chartruese back fished on main lake points has been catching a few fish for us early morning and then when the sun gets high look for the steep rock ledges with blowdowns and fish them with a finesse worm on the texas rig the green pumpkin and watermelon seed colors have been working well..most of the fish seem to be holding 10 to 15 ft on these trees presently but they will move up and down on them as the water level <br>fluctuates(due to the pumpback)and the weather changes so fish the trees all the way from the bank down to the tops until you determine what depth they are holding. <br>another pattern that is working on Carters,and is one <br>of my favorite patterns for BIG spotted bass here is <br>night fishing with a big 1oz.Ga.Mountain spinnerbait in dark colors such as black or junebug with a single #5 or 6 black chrome colorado blade.<br>slow roll the bait on long tapering points and humps and keep it bumping bottom.<br><br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br> Georgia Mountain Guide Service<br> http://www.carterslakefishing.com<br><br><br>