Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not a float tube but very applicable...
Not technically a float tube or a 'toon but I thought some of you would get a kick out of it.
'Couse pretty sure it's a floating death trap though. Also I'm guessing he has a full time lawyer to defend a wrongful death lawsuit. For what it's worth... here it is.

[url "http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36123&item=3678890799&rd=1"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36123&item=3678890799&rd=1[/url]
[signature]
That link is not working or has been removed from e-bays database.
[signature]
sorry about that the [URL] tag doesn't seem to work with that web page should have checked it 1st I guess. Copy and paste works fine though.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]Man, you got my hopes and expectations up and then I couldn't get anything on the link. I guess I will just have to guess what wonderful new contraption it was.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]By the way, what did you end up with? Saw your post on the Utah board about having something to launch on the Jordan.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
You are right. Copy and past does work.

That is quite a contraption and I think it still fits the requirement of this forum. I noticed that it carries quite a price tag. It looks cool though.
[signature]
You can also just go to ebay and search for item # [size 1][#333366]3678890799[/#333366][/size]
[signature]
Here is the wackytoon type of watercraft.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4953;]
You do have to copy and past the shortcut into your browser. There are alot more pictures and details to look at. There is alot more to this craft than meets the eye.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]Yeah, I cut and pasted. Whadda contraption. Looks more like a one person party barge.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]All I can think of when I look at it is that it will probably catch more people than fish. It would be a bugger to pack in to your favorite high mountain pond...and if the wind came up while you were on some big water you might have some problems.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Otherwise, it shows a lot of cool engineering.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I looked farther down on the list of photos that it shows. I did see a trailer kit and lots of goodies that it comes with. The $8,000 didn't turn me off as much as the fact that there is no live well nor a beer storage compartment. What are they thinking of?? People might actually want to use that thing for fishing.[shocked]
[signature]

Hi there TubeN2,

What!? I thought that big yellow squarish tank everything was sitting on WAS the beer keg.... er .....tank. Might even be white lightin' is some parts of the country!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Yeah, let's be practical about that thing. At least there should be upgrades, accessories and conversion kits available for folks that want the necessities.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Lookin' good ain't important if you can't be comfy and functional.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Ain't that right, JR?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
For 8 grand I'd build a barge or buy a real boat. I don't see a new millionare out of this idea.

That would be fun if you had a big private pond.
[signature]
high center of gravity , strait pvc tubes could have been used for rod storage instead of those angled ones , no magasine rack , no giggle juice storage , beach bunnies would not think this thing would qualify as a "babe getter " , and at 8 grand ?

thank goodness there's no BFT sticker on it , we have a rep to uphold [cool].
[signature]
TD,

Well I bought the 'toon at costco against your recommendation but I'm really happy with it. I took it out to the gorge and I was surprised how little effort it was to row. The thing that put me over the edge was that the guy at sportmans said that I would actually sit up higher in the dual chamber cougar than a traditional 'toon.

It was REALLY windy that day but once I got the hang of it i had a pretty good time. The first half an hour or so was pretty embarrassing though. I lauched at the Lucerne marina and I was getting some pretty weird stares and a couple guys told me that it was a no wake zone and to keep it slow out of the harbor. The embarrasing part was at first I couldn't really control the 'toon because I was digging in too deep with the oars I eventually got blown into a slip and had a hard time getting out because of the wind I eventually made it out but only after a few people on their nice boats boats pointed and snickered. I didn't care though. I eventually got it down and just practiced for about 2 hours. Once I finally figured it out I was surprised how easy it was to row even in the wind... nothing like a canoe or a row boat. It was really nice and I wasn't sore at all. I can't wait to take it out on a calm day on Utah Lake I may even try that tonight.

I did learn a couple of things though don't bother taking your pole with you on a maiden voyage it just gets in the way. And while it is possible to get into a 'toon from a dock it's MUCH easier from shore. It will take me a while before I'm ready to go out on the Jordan or the Green though LOL. All I need to do it adjust a little bit of the geometry (seat and foot positioning etc.) to compensate for my big gut and I'll be OK.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Glad you SURVIVED your maiden voyage. Some go a lot worse than yours. I usually recommend launching the first time where nobody else is around to watch you. It is downright embarassing to be so obviously new at something. At least you didn't fall out of your craft.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]I still get hoots and hollers when people see me in my tricked out tubes. But, I usually shut them up pretty good when I start catching all the fish, while they go blank. He who laughs last...and all that. Maybe it is he who laughs last was slowest to get the joke.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I still plan to get a Cougar when I get back up there. Maybe we can get together and do some cross testing. I am always looking for more input and pics to share with other folks on the board.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Thanks for the report, and hope you can wave a rod on your next excurion. Oh yeah, be sure to cancel the order for wind. That always complicates things.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Wink][#800000][size 2]Hey there CATCHandreEAT saw this little craft at Costco. Is this what you picked up?[Tongue][/size][/#800000]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5041;]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Chortle chortle. That looks more like a cheap knockoff of Coldfooter's tandem rig.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Betcha you could get a hernia trying to get that puppy up on plane.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
That's not a bad looking outfit. The only thing is that I would never tie a canopy to my extra rods as they illustrated in the picture. That one still doesn't have a spot for the barley soda either.[crazy] It may be awhile before you can talk me into one of those.
[signature]
I don't think my big butt could fit in that little thing LOL. Actually I attached the spec sheet with a pic for the craft I bought.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5055;]
[signature]
They got those in Garts too (water skeeter). How much did it run you?
[signature]