Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO SOMETHING ABOUT BURNS LAKE!
If u are from Las Cruces like me, we once had a nice clean, grate catfishing an trout water, But now the lake is no more then 5 feet deep, thats going to say that i remember that the lake was about 20' 30' deep. If you are from Las Cruces you know that the city is not going to nothing about it. More that likely they will close it to fishing once it drys up. I for one love to fish, an haveing this lake here is a grate. they have thow ideas in the news papers, but nothing going on. i remember when u could pull out 30 40 lb catfish, an the recored for a channle catfish was held there. at 80lbs, this is Sad that Game an fish don't take this on. we as new mexico fisher men need, to band together to get them off there buts an do something about the lakes an pounds around the state.
[signature]
thats what ive been saying!!! never been to burns lake but sounds like it was a nice spot.Im trying to work with nafc and swf (sportsman for fishing and wildlife here in NM) on ideas to help our state improve some of our lakes and rivers. do you have any ideas? let me know. I think we could really use some catch and release only lakes.Whats your favorite spot now?Cochiti was pretty good last year, cant wait for early May when them Walleyes start going crazy!
take it easy!
gonefishin365!!
[signature]